Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ignore the date....it's really Sept 12th

I know that I might appear to be a computer whiz but really, it's all a facade, just like my hair and those wonderful eyelashes I wore to the wedding.......anyway...(.and sometimes I do go on and on before I get to the point), we sent Jon a boat-load of old pics.....you know, the ones in the large Rubbermaid tub that 'someday' you were going to put nicely in organized albums.....and 'someday' is looong gone. Anyway, we just didn't send them off C.O.D or anything, he actually requested them. And now he is scanning and downloading to flickr so that we can all laugh at our younger selves. ...and that hair !! So, I tried to move this pic from flickr to my iPhoto, all without success. Jon gave me a hint, and I was able to move it to blogger.....but anytime you start a new post, that date stays there and even if you continue a day or two later , the original date never changes........ But you might be saying, "well, just delete and start anew on the right date !" and normally, that would be the right thing to do, BUT, it all goes back to the picture and the fact that I'm not sure how I got it on the blog and if I start over, I might not get it back.....and the picture is the best part of today's posting.

So, here is the picture......P and I rented this about 25 years ago !! Scary how time flies sometimes......... we picked it up near San Francisco and drove to my parents. Jeff was living in California at the time after high school. We drove this to Seattle and then over to Denver. Don't remember how long we were gone but it was something we always wanted to do and now so many years later, we have moved on to bigger and not always better when it comes to actually driving the thing. But it was a fun trip and I guess it got in our blood.
Yesterday was a day of rest. We read, we loafed, we fixed, we cleaned and we laundered. ...and we might have napped. We loved the beautiful weather and the smell of pine. Later, we did some back road wandering and looked at Park campsights. Surprisingly, there were some big rigs parked in those trees. There is no electricity or water or sewer at the sites and generators are very limited in their use........I would not be happy if I was in a tent and some MH had the noisy generator on at all hours. Thinking the crowds for dinner might be less on a Sunday night, we wandered into Lake MacDonald Lodge. The tour bus out front should have been a clue. But, we were able to get a table at the bar and could choose from the dinner menu or the bar menu. We started out ordering a chardonnay.....the waiter said "we are out of chardonnay"....I thought he meant the house wine....he says no, we are out of All chardonnay. So we ordered a reisling, which was actually better anyhow and then we were served in tiny little wine glasses.....he said, "we are out of wine glasses also" and then brought over the rest of the bottle of wine.....The weather has been so nice and the crowds so much bigger than usual, that they are running out of food and drink and glasses. They close on the 29th for the season.

When we were up on the mountain Saturday, waiting our 20 minutes for our turn to pass on the one-lane only road (construction), P overheard a conversation. A large white diesel truck was at the head of the line, idling and being noisy. Next in line was a smallish SUV type car with a very elderly thin lady standing next to it. She says to the guy by the truck, "Your truck is running" and he explains that it has something to do with the turbo thing and it runs better , etc. She says " well, you are polluting" and he looks back at her and says " And what are you riding, a horse?? " You had to be there, it WAS funny. But, we did notice that he turned off his truck the next time.

I'd tell you our plans for today and tomorrow and the rest of the week, but as of last night , we haven't a clue. We'll spin the dial on the compass and see where it lands......and we'll take you along.

2 comments:

  1. Fun post Sue. You guys look funny with dark hair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm exhausted again from my/your trip! Love the 'noisy truck' story. priceless!

    ReplyDelete