Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HOME never looked so good........

We managed to drive 619 miles yesterday.....rather, HE drove 619 miles , through rain, lightning, impressive thunder and down the "road of many big trucks". We got home about 8ish and I was sinking rapidly. I ended up waking him out of his well earned sleep to drive me to the ER so they could give me good stuff so I could breathe. I knew what it was......pharyngitis with episodes of laryngeal spasm......meaning, your throat is all red and very sore, you have a hacking dry cough and at some point, when you really get into a coughing fit, your throat decides that maybe it will just close up and you are unable to take in air. It also swells some from the irritation which makes it feels like there is a baseball in there obstructing everything. Needless to say, it wasn't fun. Fortunately, it wasn't busy but still took 2 hours for everyone to sit around at the desk and eat their midnight dinner and talk about shopping and schedules and listen to me cough my lungs out. I had a temperature and chills and no voice due to the swelling of the vocal cords but I think they got the point that I was in distress altho they kept saying, your O2 sats are just fine.....wellllll yah, when I'm breathing, it's just that I can't always do that. Anyway, after steroids, antibiotics and the good codiene cough syrup, we came home and slept in our own bed and it felt wonderful.
And now, the daunting task of emptying the beast. I do a bit, rest, write the blog, do some more and rest and and cough....but not so much anymore. It's hot and steamy out there and we put a lot of necessities in it that need to come out......like shoes and more shoes and fancy clothes and fancy face stuff ......and a mountain of dirty clothes (despite the luxury of a w/d on board....I've been sick, remember).
My hero got us home and me all fixed up and I am grateful for that.
I will give you all the statistics another day and maybe even a picture or two.
I hope your week is off to a better start...................

4 comments:

  1. You poor baby. Take 2 codeine and drift off to dreamland. At least you're home.

    PS: I feel your pain...although I'm only a Cat 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just on the odd chance this might make you feel better, half the stuff we brought in from the moho is still in the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to be sick, better it be in your own non moving home! Glad you are in, safe and sound, well almost!! each day you'll get better and then you'll look at your blog and all the memories you created! Thanks for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a crummy way to end a trip. I'm glad you were smart enough to go to the ER. Hope you're on the mend and will soon be up to par (pun intended). I loved seeing the country thru your eyes.

    ReplyDelete