Thursday, March 5, 2015

Florida finally feels like Florida.........

 I'm sorry  all you Northerners but it really is nice down here these days.    In fact, it's a bit too warm for the morning walks and I'm doing some serious brow wiping.    But as the day winds down, sitting out  on the lanai is  delightful and relaxing.


 Lately, we have seen very large flocks of white pelicans.    This is the first year I have noticed them here at all.    Normally, they are over on the coasts, both the brown ones and the white ones.    But this year there are many many flocks.    Watching them come in for a landing, with their substantial wing span, it's hard not to imagine them as airplanes as they hover over the surface right before they settle gently into the water.   This picture does not capture the number of them on the pond.    And straight behind and across the golf course is our house....the one in the middle covered over by palm trees.   I wanted to get closer but couldn't walk on the course so just used the trusty phone from the side walk.  ( You definitely want to keep your golf ball  on this fairway as there is a lot of trouble if you don't ! )


 Today, I met my BFF at the big Mall in Orlando.    This is Susan from Montrose.....just a few doors down from us.    She sent me the snow pics and is my happy hour friend.     She's visiting her kids and I was thrilled that we could meet for lunch and catch up.    I'm getting excited to be heading back there later in April or early May.  ( Yes, I noticed the sign above our heads and it is not an indication of anything !!!!  )

Speaking of food.......this was dinner tonight.   I forgot to rotate the picture so just turn your head.  We  always have a large green salad with everything  imaginable on it .... well, not cucumbers,......Then I cut up these veggies, splashed them with some balsamic and ground pepper and roasted them in a hot oven.    The cauliflower and the brussel sprouts and the onion get very sweet.   There are sweet potato  and purple potatoes and sometimes I add chunks of red, yellow and orange peppers.   I  forgot to  take a picture after they were done.   I'm not a fan of roasted broccoli...prefer it steamed.   My Silpat mat doesn't quite fit the baking sheet.   
And because I can't quit my proselytizing , here's another view of plant based eating. 


We're enjoying the new season of House of Cards.   I want her hair..... 



3 comments:

  1. Yummy...will give this a try too! We sure enjoyed the black beans with peppers and onions in the taco sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Delicioso. How hot/long do you roast your veggies? I love, love, love roasted veggies! We cook 'em on the grill too, in a big pan with holes in it. Next to the meat.... Into House of Cards here, too. Like you, I love Claire's hair...I got a total whack-job haircut recently (yikes!) so it will be a long time before I can think about having it long on top, but as it turns out I'm kind of liking the butch look. I can put goo on it and spike it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got one of those too Rian...my second very, very short cut. I am really loving it much to my surprise!

      Delete