Sunday, March 9, 2014

The most beautiful state……...

We pulled out our western/winter clothes, spent 4 hours on a flight and have been enjoying the past several days in Colorado.      We woke the first morning in Denver to a beautiful fluffy 6 inches of snow.    And as we headed into the mountains, the views were magnificent.    However, we didn't stop to take decent pictures so this one just gives you a hint, taken thru the windshield.

The house progress is much faster than we had anticipated and some decisions needed to be made before dry wall went in.     Montrose, altho it can get cold and snowy ( as we experienced on our Dec. trip) has been called the Banana Belt….I'd say more like the Squash belt as far as growing stuff in the winter !….   But it was near 60 and the golfers were out in force.


View of the Par 3 green from the back of the house.  





Looking from the front of the house towards the back of the house and the views….to the right is the kitchen and fireplace on the left.    Master bedroom is the other large window on the right.   Ceilings in the great room are 12 feet.

Back of house with large overhang.


We've met a couple who  purchased a pre-owned house and have spent 4 months in a huge remodel.   It is beautiful.    They moved from a ranch where they were avid hunters and trophies abound.    They served ELK for dinner and I brought wine called Elk Cove pinot gris, which was also very good.    The elk, I wouldn't know since I'm not a big meat eater and opted to enjoy the wonderfully prepared fresh vegetables.    But P said it was excellent.           This is not a good pic of Buffy who watched over us as we savored his wildlife friend.           My father was an avid hunter and our freezer was filled with a variety of birds, ducks and deer.  It was vital to the family budget.    And to the best of my memory and effort, I didn't touch any of it…..altho I'm sure that the "beef" hamburger was not the 100% cow that my mother insisted it was.  

2 comments:

  1. I am not much of a wild game eater myself, although I do love a nice tenderloin of elk in a fine-dining establishment.

    Your house is really taking shape! It goes up fast, doesn't it. How nice you've already made friends.

    We are at the beach--done with the desert. Moved out, done, gone. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view. I can just see the two of you sitting outside enjoying a fire pit of some kind on those chilly nights!

    How nice to already have friends.....

    And I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete