Saturday, March 29, 2014

Never mind……...

………what I said the other day…..    Blogging is a bit like dieting.   You start out strong and full of intention but after while, it's not so interesting anymore and you'd rather just "stop looking at life as a possible blog post' / eat the entire pie"……     And sometimes, it seems like you should do something more important, especially when others around you are having really hard days….or the world seems heartless and the news never gets to the happy stuff.      But then, I realized that I actually missed talking to you and I didn't want to keep a private journal and altho the bad stuff in the world will keep happening, it's a pretty nice day at this house so time to get up off the couch and get back to writing again…..well, actually, I do do my writing on the couch.      So, if most of you have gone elsewhere, that's OK and I'll just talk to myself for a bit…..

While I was gone, not too much happened…..well, except for the attempted burglary down the street and my part in the adventure.    I was quietly contemplating nothing on the lanai one afternoon and I see a young man calmly walking across the golf course.   He wasn't dressed like a maintenance guy so I was pondering what he was doing there and wondering what I should do about it.    Then my neighbor comes banging on my door to say there was a burglar on the loose and I said " I just saw him !!"    I don't think I've ever seen a real life actual thief before.    So, the call to 911 goes in and in seconds it seemed , I had 3 squad cars in my front yard and also a bloodhound.    And then a helicopter flying low and slow over the area.    I gave a report, both verbal and written and in no time, all of our phones were ringing, texts and emails were received and we were thoroughly warned about the burglar.   The officers were very professional and nice and shortly, both of the "perps" were apprehended.   I've been waiting for my reward money ………
Some of you might have seen the NBC Nightly News episode on the fast growing sport of Pickleball.   I have worked my way thru PB 101 and 102 and with the help of my cute coach, I am actually playing…not well, but I am optimistic that I will look less awkward soon.   

Our neighbors and good friends , The Scott's , are gardeners and their yard is always resplendent with colorful flowers…..even their Bird of Paradise blooms….!



       
 The other day, we noticed that John, a serious and excellent golfer, seems to be trying to grow golf ball flowers…………..

 And today, after heavy rains, we noticed that he had actually succeeded……….




2 comments:

  1. LOL! I knew you'd be back. And I'm glad. And I like the new look, too! I redecorated my blog for spring (not so much spring as a new living location). I am looking forward to getting to know P-Ball. Jim and I both played tennis (avidly) in a past life, so it might be just the thing.

    Life is good--you should share it!

    ReplyDelete