Monday, March 31, 2014

Have your event in TV……..

 

Speaking of which, if you decide to go into cardiac arrest anytime soon, might I suggest that you do it in The Villages.      The paper reported that we have a 46% survival rate…meaning you walk out of the hospital…..compared to the national average of 9%.     Reasons given are  (1) Response time by EMS of 4 minutes !!   compared to 9-11 elsewhere (if you're lucky)    (2)  More trained neighbors and recreation staff (3)  Use of   compression- only CPR (proven more effective than with mouth to mouth) and many AED's in neighborhoods and public buildings.     So, come for a visit and have your event here instead of on the streets of NYC !!     

I really need to get my camera out and capture spring.   I sent in my favorite  lens for a tune-up and after $200 and a lengthy list of things corrected, I should have no excuses for lousy shots.    I felt that it was really dirty after the sand and dust of Utah last summer.   I suspect the camera could use a bath as well.  
I need to carry it with me on the golf course.    The alligators are out, the large birds are strutting their stuff and everything is blooming.      Yesterday, we played Redfish Run Executive course.    I think its rated a 3 out of 4.   Only one par 4 but it is brutal with all sorts of ugly stuff to get in trouble in and there is water on most holes.   But, I managed to shoot a 3 over par !!!   On days like that, it seems that the ball just knows where to go and does its thing regardless of what I do.    Guess that's how the Pro's feel when it's their day.   Only I didn't win a million bucks.    Just a Mexican dinner.  

We are supposed to be on an RV Rally in Tennessee this week.   We didn't pack up the wagon and go. We don't really know anyone in the group and altho the area should be beautiful in the mountains, we opted to stick around here.    But, we need to be in Gaffney SC for the annual Freightliner maintenance so that will get us out of the house this month.   It will be good to get out in the bus after these months staying put.    And then we load up for our trek westward in May.    No news on the house but assuming it is moving towards the finishing stages soon.  



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Just got home from FL last night and am going thru my blogs. It's not easy to read them on my iPhone so now there are many to go thru.
    Please don't stop blogging! I always enjoy your writing, your pithy comments on life, your sense of humor and your wonderful photography. Keep them coming even if they are not as frequent.
    Norma
    BTW I like your new banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Norma said!

    How else am I going to learn I should probably get my camera/lenses cleaned...something that never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my hubby on having cardiac arrest in the villages! I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete