Monday, July 18, 2011

Doldrums

Back home again late on Saturday night. Decided to try the cheap route on Continental and it actually worked altho a couple times we thought we might be staying at the local inn for the night. But , we even managed to get 1st class out of Houston, so a glass of wine, a nice meal and a short nap helped forget the stress of it all.
So, now were back to where we had not planned to be and the blahs have set in. We'd much rather be on the road, along side a stream or viewing the distant hills. The vehicle is still in repair and later in the week, will have more work done. It's too hot for golf, altho there are a lot of people who don't seem to mind the heat. Friends are traveling, the neighborhood is quiet and so are we. Hope you are doing something exciting !

1 comment:

  1. We are parked--hesitate to call it camping. But all is well, except I had a bean accident last night. I was taking baked beans from the microwave and--I don't know how this happened--they spilled. Boiling hot, sticky beans. I only burned my arm, most of it went on my shirt. And on the stove. And down the front of the stove and in the knobs. And on the dinette. And of course the floor, steps, and screen door took a hit. I am on the lookout for ants today--think I'll spray anyway.

    I hate those up-high microwaves. I'm short--and getting shorter. It was an accident waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete