Sunday, July 3, 2011

And we're off...


It seemed to take forever to get going today. Someone was checking and rechecking tires and finally getting the pressure equalized while someone else had one eye on the Casey Anthony trial (yes, it is a very big deal downhere with practically 24 hr coverage) and carrying load after load of clothes, shoes, food, wine and electronics....... For "camping" we require: 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, 1 Kindle, 1 DirectTV box, 2 Sonicare toothbrushes, 1 GPS, and various sensors and monitors. It's all a bit much if you ask me but what should we leave behind? Actually, we did leave the electric corkscrew behind and the can opener........so that will require some manual labor.


We saw this cute bus at a rest stop....it said Legoland and was filled with teenagers. The new Legoland will be opening this fall at the old Cypress Gardens site. ( click to enlarge)


P is wearing his souvenir shirt from the Clinton museum....it might be more tolerated outside of 'the bubble'.
We're somewhere in Georgia and the campground is resplendant in crepe myrtle blooming in many colors.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Perry, Georgia

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're in cooler coolness. Humidity roared in here last night and it's brutal! Like stepping into a sauna.

    The Casey Anthony trial is on 24/7 here also. We've gotten caught up in it the last week. After listening to the closing arguments tody I think she'll get off--no real evidence. I don't think we'll ever find out what really happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out how to post from my iPad. I have the app and all but .... my son isn't around anymore to hold my hand. I'm so not good at this. And now that I'm home I can post from the computer... if I ever get the photos uploaded from my phone.
    :} Yikes!
    Hope you have a great trip. Sure wish I could make it to Newtown while you're there. Alas....

    ReplyDelete