Thursday, March 31, 2011

It was a dark and stormy night...........

and it continues as we speak. Central Florida is living up to it's reputation of being the lightning capital of the world and a hot spot for tornados. We had a brief respite last evening and then it all fired up again.This is a bad picture out the front door.....the tree was bending way over but with the delay on the iPhone, I only got it partially bent. The winds were very impressive and since we don't have a basement, I sought refuge in the laundry which seems to be the most protected inner room. But unlike the neighbors, I did not take the beer and peanuts with me......will need to add that to the emergency list.
This is the view of the front approaching yesterday....the view today is more widespread but not as dangerous , so far. As I write this at 9:45 am, it is totally dark outside. We've had 3.5 inches of rain in the past 18 hours.

Paul is enjoying the sun in Miami again....he's doing the flight instructor thing in the simulators for the 2nd time this month. Aside from the long drive, he seems to like the change of pace from golf and more golf.

I saw this app, CamWow, for the iPhone on Robbie's blog (www.robbiespawprints.blogspot.com) and I had to try it and have been having fun with it. It makes a picture of my desk look like a sketch. It would be pretty to use flowers , trees etc.
It is a free app but for $1.99 you can get the writing eliminated.

Think I'll go stock the laundry room/tornado shelter with diet beer and pretzels.

Update: it is now an hour later and we have had 6+ inches and it is still raining torrentially.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back blogging. I did miss you! I love reading about your adventures. Your fog pictures were wonderful, as were so many others... I'm glad that you're eating healthy again. It's no fair that the really yummy things are bad for us, but that's life. Why can't there be a cookies and ice cream diet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are dried out by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We didn't get that much rain here in Ocala! But we did have lots of lightening and thunder! Isn't the CamWow a hoot to play with!! Hubby and I just think it's a hoot!! We leave on the 16th..boo hoo...if it weren't for my kids and grand kids..Ocala would be my home! We love it here. Glad you made it through the storm(s)!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete