Thursday, August 20, 2009

Well, I lied.....

I guess I'm not feeling as well as I thought. Finally went to get checked out and came home with these. She thinks its probably allergies or a virus. But gave me an Rx for an antibiotic if I didn't improve in a few days and today I had that filled. So, I'm accepting gifts of all kinds, especially chocolate and wine. Not that I can drink the wine now but it may come in handy when I'm cured....to celebrate. I actually don't feel that terrible but I'm just not better. I MAY try golf tonight but doubt I could make it past 3 or 4 holes.
So, I"m knitting, Paul's playing golf and I'm looking for some new reading material if anyone has a good suggestion. I've read in the past few months, and highly recommend, "The Reader", "Revolutionary Road" (excellent) "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society", charming and delightful, "The Dive from Clausen's Pier"( an older book that I picked up at the Newtown Library sale (love that event) and found the ending less than satisfying. Easy good summer read tho. I slogged thru "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon who has a new book out "The Angel's Game". Shadow was very well written and very interesting and I like books with depth but even tho the reviews were over the top, I needed a list to keep track of Spanish names and just was ready for it to be over. I think it would make a wonderfully dark movie. I'm going to start "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. Paul read it and wanted me to read it so we could discuss it. I do want to read "The Help" but not in hardcover. Remember my discussion on the KINDLE. Well, some days I really want one so I can just download a book but then I realize how many I could actually buy at the store with that $299. Doesn't seem practical yet........and everyone knows how very practical I am.

The shuttle is going back up on Tues am. at 2 am.... I might just have to get up for it. But only if it's a clear night.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you're still to up to par. Sure hope it's not the flu. Right now I'm reading My Life In France by Julia Child. Whether or not you saw the movie (I did) it's a good read, written with wit and humor and sure to make you hungry.
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I meant to say "not up to par" Oh, well, I'm sure you knew what I meant. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete