Saturday, August 1, 2009

Short pictureless note

I am down to a precious few minutes left on the ship's very expensive internet connection. Not that I'm complaining, it's cheaper than gambling and more fun. Speaking of gambling, I did throw $5 at one of the slots and got NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. You'd have thought they could have given up at least a quarter.....just to keep me interested.
We are currently in a major fog bank, on our way to Victoria British Columbia. We left Ketchikan yesterday at noon. We were only there for 4 hours but it was long enough to wander the town and see more totem poles and absorb more history of the area. Weather continued to be stunning and the crew was amazed. Last week, it rained the entire week. I think it would get really confining and boring with lousy weather.
Some of you less literary readers might notice a lack of pictures today. Yes, I know a blog is all about the views and not the opinions but with my dwindling minutes I couldn't wait for pictures to download at a crawl. I'll share again when we hit land.
Tonight we are going to see Buchart Gardens lit up at night and also the fireworks in the garden. Tomorrow morning we dock in Seattle at 7 am and will be off the ship by 10 and off to the airport.
We will head to Denver where Paul will do the 2nd annual Jeeping adventure with Mike and Alex and whoever else wants to go. I will do mountains of laundry and will pursue a more healthy lifestyle. I am actually tired of food.
This has been an exceptional week. I had no expectations since we had never been on a cruise. I would do it again tomorrow.... And yes Becca, you can come along....and Nicholas, and Alex and Travis and Lizzie and Andy and Mason.
Meanwhile, come back in a day or two for more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment