Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Take Two Aspirin....

Instead of drinking these on the ship.........

I should have had this on the rocks. .........


Today I am curled up in a blanket on the couch, well fortified with motrin and water and kleenix. I had a scratchy throat on the ship which has hung on. Yesterday I was dragging and today I have surrendered to a cold and hopefully nothing more than that.

The ship was very proactive in trying to prevent any outbreaks of the dreaded Noro virus....a GI bug that spreads quickly and can take over an entire ship. Everywhere, and I mean everywhere, there were hand sanitizer stands and frequently, when going into dine, a young man would be standing at the door ready to squirt gel on your hands. The bathroom doors had a sign that said to open door with a tissue or one of the cloth towels and had a recepticle right there to dispose of it. As a nurse and something of a clean freak about food and hand washing and such, I was impressed.
So now, I'm going to curl up with my knitting and take a day off. Paul is out the door to play golf.......it is hot out there today.
Be sure and wash your hands after reading this........



3 comments:

  1. We called that the "Fun Ship Flu." Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, phooey, no fun to be sick, but better home that on the trip. Ask me how I know. Your trip sounded like so much fun nay I should rethink Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops. I meant to say "maybe" I should rethink Alaska.
    Norma (the world's worst typist)

    ReplyDelete