Sunday, October 16, 2016

We're getting good at moving.........

We've been back a week and we've hit the ground running.    The 'to do' list is massive and overwhelming if we look too closely at it.    First up was the semi-annual cleaning of the lanai.   It is really unusable until the dirt and black mold is excoriated from every inch.   It took me two days to clean .   It's always a challenge to remove the debris and avoid washing it into the pool or spa.....altho it sure is tempting.      The drains have small holes and it is tedious to force the dirty water in that direction.     I was doing well until I accidentally hit a dying jade plant with the powerful water spray and dirt and dying jade went everywhere......on the screen, the furniture and in the pool.     What a mess.    We tried to get some of it out but the pool girl had to work extra hard this week and she did a good job cleaning up after us.     With the semi annual cleaning, we also have the gecko round up.    They are disgustingly dirty with their droppings (like mice) and I become obsessed with their demise.   There weren't as many this year and between the wet-vac and the washer, I probably removed about 10 from the reproductive cycle.    One year I got over 30.    


 The weather was coolish and overcast for much of the week and that helped a lot with P's efforts power washing the outside of the house.    ( coolish is 80's, breezy and less humidity).  

We met with the realtor and she assured me that we don't
 have to paint which was a big relief.   But we will have the driveway and walk painted.....it's a thing down here and gives a good first impression but it's never interested us.    After all, it's just a driveway.       And no change in the landscaping needed altho I'm of the opinion that it could use a bit of a refresh.    We can't list it until the driveway is done in 10 days so in the meantime, we are decluttering and packing.


Not sure why there is such a rosy glow to this pic but since this view yesterday, I have packed 8 large boxes.   Movers will do the dishes and pictures and mirrors and such but I'm on a roll now.     I think half of what I come across will go to the Habitat resale store.

Meanwhile, in the midst of our chaos, Jenna drove here with Becca from Denver to get her situated in an apt and new job in St Petersburg.     She will take some of the furniture and linens and such but I'm sure much of her grandparent's stuff is not what a 25 yr old considers usable.   We are excited for her and believe she is more than ready to begin her new life.    But sometimes, it feels like we should shelve our plans to leave and stick around.....just in case a grandmother is needed !

Enough of this boring chatter.....mostly, this is just a note to let me know where we were when I check back in a year or so.         We're tentatively pulling up stakes in about 6 weeks and time is flying by............

4 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that you're selling that beautiful Florida house and your CO house as well. Your new CO house looks lovely and I'm sure you've pondered this enough to know that you are doing what is the best for you. Good luck with the move and the sale and be sure to stay in touch. I do read your blog faithfully (when you do write).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly...it really is happening isn't it!!! Best of luck to you!!! And to your grand daughter..at least you may come back to visit her once in awhile! HA Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, For some reason your blog won't come up on my dashboard. I'm a little late commenting on this post - another week has gone by. It sounds as though you're busy, busy. Bob and I sold a Denver house a couple years ago, and I remember all that work. Now I'm just glad we don't have 2 houses anymore. A bit of snow is on the ground here, but temps have gone to the 60's for the last few days. Fingers crossed for a quick sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all goes quickly with the sell of your TV home. What a relief that will be!
    How nice to be settled into one home with the freedom of the RV to travel anywhere you want to go! Good luck Sue...

    ReplyDelete