Monday, February 23, 2015

Enjoying the view from afar........


This might be one reason why we spend our days in the land of palm trees and golf and pickle ball....!
Montrose was buried in beautiful snow last night.    The mountains of Colorado and Utah have been lacking in snow and with the depth's measuring in feet, I'm sure everyone is rejoicing.      That house with the high overhang is our house, the tables are at our dear neighbors, Susan and Gary Gray.   I often walked across the golf course with my wine glass for a happy hour.    Susan will be in the area visiting with her children in a week and I sure hope we can chat awhile.  

Weather has finally warmed up and yesterday I got a bit of a glow on the golf course....and it wasn't from playing well.   Hopefully, the cold days are gone for the year and we invite you all down to savor the warmth and thaw out.  

We are very fortunate to be living healthy, active lives but we are frequently faced with friends dealing with declining health, deaths and debilitation.    Intellectually, I knew this would happen some day but  when the reality of it has a name and a face and a history with us, it becomes much too real and difficult.     I remember when Paul was down and out and how vital the calls and notes and encouragement were to me and I try and offer what I can.  

Speaking of health.....I won't preach (even tho I really really want to ) but do watch "Forks Over Knives"....  Netflix or youtube.      I wasn't going to mention this AGAIN, but then decided that it's my blog and I can do what I want.  

5 comments:

  1. That picture looks just like my deck. I hope it all doesn't collapse. Florida can't come soon enough and the forecast is for the 80's next Sunday when we arrive. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Unbelievable. I really can't fathom functioning in that white stuff, but I understand Coloradans get out and hike, despite the weather. Living where we do we have quite a few households with single women, I know as the years go by men will become increasingly more scarce, and I appreciate having a healthy, alert husband every single day. Did you ever notice how the ads for progressive assisted-living facilities always feature a healthy, smiling octogenarian gentleman (with hair/teeth) or two in the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No days are taken for granted...that's for sure!
    That while stuff is really pretty IN THE PHOTOS! Sure hope all the snow makes for even more beautiful Wildflowers in the passes this summer. FYI...Joe and I are juicing 2 meals a day now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been coming south for 11 years now...I don't know how we'd handle the snow again..although, I'm content to stay in the house...only problem my hubby would be there 24/7 and that would not be good!!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my party and I'll do what I want to...
    Love you guys. Jan E
    Oh, and Nina Kate is 3 months old today and reached out for her granddad's beard the other day. I don't know which of the two faces had the most priceless gaze.

    ReplyDelete