Monday, January 26, 2015

Snow is why old people live in Florida............


 I'm holding my breath and hoping that Jim Cantore doesn't show up in SW Connecticut.    And if he does here's hoping he brings free generators for everyone !!    


This is from the snowfall a couple of days ago.    And then the "guys"  (along with Scout troop 270 of Sandy Hook ) went on a sleep over on the carrier Intrepid in NYC and saw the space shuttle Enterprise up close and personal.    What a wonderful adventure for those kids.

Nothing new down here in the land of sun and fun.    The pickle ball paddles and my fitbit are getting good workouts.    He's moved up to the Intermediate level and I'm gradually getting more and more steps in each day.     I was out feeling proud of my increasing distance (almost 5 miles that morning) when I was passed by this woman of age with her ear buds in and  no sign of sweat or pain on her face.   I struck up a brief conversation and asked how far she walks........ " 6 miles most days but today I'm doing 8 ".....I was crushed.   I rationalized all the way home..... a bit younger, no grey hair, a tiny bit thinner, must have better shoes,  and probably is getting paid for the mileage by some advertiser.    Then I felt better and decided that we all need a challenge.

We're looking forward to heading North once again......back to Connecticut in Feb.    The grandparents will be in charge for a few days...... providing the forecast is for sun and 60 degrees and they've shoveled a path to the door.      Meanwhile back at the ranch, the golf course is OPEN at Cobble Creek and the sun is shining on the mountains.   Ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. !!!

2 comments:

  1. That is some horrific storm the NE is having...hope all is well for your family.
    I have always said...dieting looses pounds, walking looses inches. I'm sure the new you is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that weather map? Where did you get it? The "Blizzard 2015" turned out to be much ado about nothing. Here in Western CT we only got about 6" as of 8:30 AM, but it's still snowing and we will get a few more. Thankfully the snow is very fine and not sticking to the trees, so no power outages. That's what always worries me. So I can spend a happy day snowbound in my studio. With power!
    Five miles a day is very impressive. I only do about three and with the below 20 mornings, I haven't been doing much at all. I got my son a Fit Bit for Christmas. Maybe I should get one for myself.

    ReplyDelete