Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Back where the sun shines.............

What is a blog without content ?    I suspect it is a strong reflection on the author and her procrastination, laziness, lack of creativity and a life that is not blog worthy.   Despite all of this , I do miss chatting with you and reading your comments (few and far between I might add) but I know your'e out there by the stats that I have access to.   I could get more info on you but I prefer not knowing and just presume that I have a following of thousands.   Enough said......

We actually enjoyed driving to Connecticut and back.    We could take stuff and didn't have to work around Jon and MB's schedule for getting to and from the airport.    We could have wandered a bit more but we got anxious to get where we were going and did it in two easy days both ways.    Weather was perfect, traffic was impressive ( especially all those cars heading North out of Florida after New Years .... they were crawling for miles and miles.) and the accidents were limited to fender benders.  (Theirs, not ours ).   So, here's a brief look........


 Saw this painting in a furniture store while MB was trying out sofas....I may have to order it !


.!!/product/B0007Y9WHQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=034149SKMT0JMBY2P7RY&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop      Here's a fun kitchen gadget.    Makes various sized noodles out of squash, zucchini, carrots, ......   Jon tried a potato and baked it in the oven.....like curly fries.    Put spaghetti sauce on the "zoodles"  and you won't be able to tell it isn't spaghetti !!       I admit to an addiction of bread....not just any bread, but the homemade, crusty warm loaves from Stew Leonards, smothered in butter and SaraBeth's Jam (Oprahs favorite and mine too ).....    I ate a lifetime of carbs and loved every bite.    Now, my chubby little self is paying for it and today the walking shoes and my FITBIT got a good workout.  




On a cold, blustery day, we went to an indoor mini Monster golf place......all in blacklight and loud music....and a big green drooling thing in the corner.    I played golf about as well as I do on the real courses.


All good things come to an end and the huge tree dropped most of it's needles as it was mashed thru the door on it's way to the woods....


Yes, that's Granddad bowling....he hasn't walked the same since.....really !

 
 If you have nothing else to spend your money on, and you like music.....one of us had a birthday to begin the New Year.    We enjoy music of all types and a Sonos system seemed like a good idea.   It's tied into your WIFI and you control it from your phone, iPad or computer.     Right now I am listening to a combo of Queen, ELO and Bach !!    He prefers Adele, Sara Bareilles, a mellower mix.....   The sound quality is excellent.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy New Year.........

4 comments:

  1. Yes, your fans are all here, just waiting for you. I used to have one of those visitor counters (two, actually) but when I redecorated I got rid of 'em--decided I didn't want to know. We went to a holiday party and their music was from one of those sonos things...very interesting. I need one. NEED. I love bread too. But it's bad juju for me. Can't wait until I go to Europe again--I will eat some bread, slathered in butter. American wheat has been messed with and the gluten content is off the charts. European bread is still okay. Dreaming of bread.....quiche with crust....chocolate croissants and espresso...STOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries . . . we're all still out here . . . (at Quartzsite). Sounds like a fun, family trip. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!? You went to Stews and didn't come up the hill to see me?? I recently discovered the SaraBeth jam and agree that it is delicious. Your gadget is a much fancier version than my Vegetti. You left just in the nick of time since it is frigid here now and promising to get colder. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just need to translate your first paragraph to my blog! I haven't written anything because we haven't done anything! Shame on me!

    Love the Christmas tree exit... I sorta miss that clean-up job...well, maybe!

    I don't know what a sonos is. You are so in the know. I would much prefer your choice in music. We have found a station in Tucson that plays the oldies we love!

    Glad you are home safe and sound and enjoying the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete