Sunday, January 26, 2014

Help needed……..







Now and then, I get a message when I turn on the computer that says I have upgrades waiting.    I say OK and totally ignore it.    Based on previous experience, I know that upgrades just create chaos in "my- set-in-my-ways"  routine.   I like change, but not with my electronic devices.   The iPhone upgrade really ruined my day.    (and now, we will pause while "ANONYMOUS tells me to get a real computer and proper phone ").        But, after nudging from the other person in the room,  I clicked the upgrade button and since then, nothing is the same.    My home page disappeared, I can't add bookmarks, my daily Bing photo is hidden, and on and on……..I can still get where I'm going but it's not seamless and comfortable.         I've displayed some impatience and bad words and reverted to asking for help from the resident geek.    I KNOW that 
"anonymous" could help when he gets here in a few days but I'll try and avoid that encounter.



Meanwhile, a step back in time….. Jeff , circa 1980, in our computer corner….when it must have been simpler altho all I could do was email.   Those black marks on the wall are just debris from the old slide and not a statement of my housekeeping.   ( Jeff was in his Connecticut preppy stage.)



Weather is warming up and thoughts are turning to Super Bowl Sunday… Bronco Man will take his place in a few days …..  luckily, there are not so many people from the NW living here so we might get more support.   Have to think about Game Day food since we will have supporters from Colorado in attendance.  

Last night, as a change of pace, we watched "Enough Said." …..  After Breaking Bad, it seemed quite bland but was cute and I thought James Gandolfino was probably just playing himself.  



For any of your art wanna-bees or accomplished artists,  you might be interested in  my 2nd online course  from Val Webb.   This one is on Drawing Birds.    Her instruction is superb.   Many non-artists take her courses.   She also has  YouTube  videos.   (Search Val Webb and Mindy Lighthipe for excellent art videos).   Val's  start out very basic and you work at your own pace, in your own space and no one needs to ever share in what you are doing unless you post it to the Facebook group.

Correction:    Thanks to Rian who questioned my ability to email in the 80's….. I guess it wasn't available then !!   So now, I'm wondering just what it was that I did on that computer.  


4 comments:

  1. You guys were real trail blazers if you were checking email in 1980. Did you get much email back then?

    I think what happens is they attach extra stuff like toolbars when you download a program update. I have started reading the fine print before clicking OK and invariably there will be a box or two to deselect these unwelcome extras..

    Your computer should have a "go back" application where you can undo that install.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys were real trail blazers if you were checking email in 1980. Did you get much email back then?

    I think what happens is they attach extra stuff like toolbars when you download a program update. I have started reading the fine print before clicking OK and invariably there will be a box or two to deselect these unwelcome extras..

    Your computer should have a "go back" application where you can undo that install.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to play catch-up! Somehow I missed the last post. Sure hope the frog wins...it's an awesome photo.
    I am the same way about those upgrades...I never say yes anymore after my first fiasco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blast from the past photo!

    Son#2

    ReplyDelete