Friday, January 17, 2014

Back in business……..

So, where were we when so rudely interrupted?        

I think I chatted about the weather and memories of walking up hill both ways to school in waist high snow…..Florida isn't that bad but we are having a bout of the chills these days.    As long as the sun shines, it's still good outdoor weather but 70-80 is why we moved here…..
We're meeting up with a couple from Jeff's Royal Oaks Country Club in Vancouver.   Chan saw the logo on Jeff's shirt at the club which says Palmer Legends Country Club, The Villages and asked Jeff about it.    Being an avid golfer, they are  looking the place over and being properly overwhelmed by the size.     He said that while in the sales office, in the past 2 days, 24 homes were sold…..over 300 a month.!!    Prices have gone up of course and I hope their experience will be a good one.     We'll meet over dinner  tonight  to give them our view of living here.   

We're back to playing bad golf .    And it's not going to get any better unless I spend hours working on it….. the knee hurts but I've decided that I'm not doing any damage and I'll just take drugs.   If Lindsey Vonn can ski on major knee damage, I can tough it up as well.    And I have MY Tiger at home to cheer me up ! (Mine  doesn't have a private jet even tho he could fly one ! )

I've decided to enter The Villages Photography contest.    I have a couple of pictures that I think are pretty good and each year I say I'm going to do this but never do.    I"m not holding my breath or anything but just curious how I'll stack up against the others.     Stay tuned.       Speaking of cameras….I'm sending my Tamron lens  in for cleaning.    It spent a bit of time in those dusty windy sandy Moab days and I can feel the grit on it.    I do have a 60 mm to use in the meantime.

While we were in ABQ for the Balloon Fiesta, the newspapers and TV news were all about an obit in the paper for Walter White, the lead character in Breaking Bad. (It takes place in Albuquerque)    People that hadn't finished the series were quite upset about this "spoiler'.      P started watching it on Netflix…..I wasn't so interested but being within earshot of the TV , I gradually got drawn into the violent, convoluted and absurdity of the plot….and it was  even funny at times.      There are 63 episodes of 47 min each so when you have nothing else to do, sit yourself down and get immersed.    Even the President admits to it being a favorite.    We only watch one episode a night due to the violence and retribution that never seems to end.   



The house is making progress.    We've been in communication with the neighbors and they said the weather is in the 40's and the snow is melting .   Altho there are some low hills and an occasional mountain in that western view, the best sighting of the San Juans  is to the left (south) and we will enjoy it from the patio.     Assuming that shadow is the outhouse but we will have indoor plumbing.

AND, if you are a devotee of this blog…it is currently a requirement that you vocally and physically (i.e.: yelling and jumping about ) support  the Broncos  on Sunday.      The Bronco blow-up guy
will be prominently displayed out front (as he is on all game days) and the Tee shirts will be worn and Coors Light ( made from pure Rocky Mountain water ) will be imbibed.      No excuses !!     


4 comments:

  1. Your photography is so incredible, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be a winner. The hard part will be which fabulous picture to choose.
    My son gave me the first season of Breaking Bad as one of my Christmas presents. I am so hooked! I bought season 2 & 3 and am almost through with 3. I will rejoin NetFlix to watch the rest. Some nights I've watched 3 episodes. I figured that he must die at the end, but Ill watch to the end to see how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might just have a Broncos Seahawks final!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will. E very interested in the photo contest....I remember quite a few photos from the blog I thought were awesome!

    We don't know a thing about football! But if you are for the Broncos, we will be too!

    Thanks for the house update....keep them coming! I am so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang iPad ....I will be very interested....
    Sorry for the oops!

    ReplyDelete