Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ruined........

Good thing I bought some new pajamas because I have NO plans to leave the house for as long as it takes for my hair to grow.!!    All I said today was to "cut it a bit shorter"  because I am planning on being in the rainforest and my thick hair blows up in humidity.    I noticed the damage before the one side was done but there was no gluing it back on.   So I suffered in silence as she cut the other side to match.   It looks like a bowl was put on my head and then the sides shaved.   Plus, my hair is lighter (read grayer) around my now exposed ears, so the strange cut really is obvious.    I almost said to cut the rest of my hair really short so it all matches but just wasn't brave enough.     I may think about that option for tomorrow.  
My only hope is that my hair grows really really fast and maybe...........it will grow in a bit before we leave in a week.    Too bad we aren't going north....I'd just wear a hat....actually I would need to since I have no hair to keep me warm.    
I realize that of all the problems I COULD have and of all the problems that others have, this is not worth whining about...................  but I really want my hair back.!!  

3 comments:

  1. You have such fabulous hair that I can't imagine it looking bad. If I had your hair I would cut it really short and spiky all over. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had my share of bad hair cuts, Norma has the right idea I think ... time to make lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I'm sorry. I'm still growing out a hellacious (sp?) cut that I got before our last trip. (November!) I have hunks of hair that are 2" long next to some that are 7" long. I feel your pain.

    It'll grow back.

    ReplyDelete