Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Excited.......

At the last minute, (because we always do things at the last minute) we checked to see if we could join a tour to Costa Rica.     Alas, the tour deadline was in OCTOBER and because we sat on our thumbs, they had given away the hotel rooms and there was no room at the inn.    
Until this morning.... while I was winding my way thru the aisles of Publix.... I got a phone call saying they did have room and we could come along after all...!!!    So on February 1st , we will spend 10 days on an Art and PhotographyTour.   If you want more details, click on the link and click on Art Tours at the top.  (Lynne, I think they can squeeze you in....Vermont is too cold anyway!)    I took botanical art lessons a decade ago from Mindy at the NY Botanical Gardens.   Ever since, I have looked at nature with a new eye and have tried to capture our world with pencil and a camera.    I have wanted to do this  each year it is offered but always managed to find a reason not to.......But now, there's no more wanting.........we are going !!   Paul is equally enthused as it is not just  for artists and we will see a varied view of the country.    ( Clarification:    I am NOT an artist. )

So, February is about full.   When we get back, it is just a couple of days until Andy and Mason come down and when they leave, we head to the Keys in the MH.

Otherwise, life on the lanai is busy with bad golf (me), great pickle ball (him) and good friends.  

2 comments:

  1. I remember your classes at the Botanical Gardens and the beautiful work that you did. You will love Panama and Costa Rica. The flora and fauna are sumptuous. You may recall that I was there a few years ago.

    And yes, you ARE an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun; I hope you'll take us along ... even if it is after the fact. We've been to Costa Rica twice on cruise stops, and short though they were, we really liked the country and hope to someday spend some meaning ful time there.

    ReplyDelete