Friday, October 26, 2012

Enough already....

Today, I get to subject myself to claustrophobia..........
The knee finally won and I'm having an MRI.    I still don't think it's anything that would require surgical intervention but it just ain't right.   And it's getting worse instead of better.    And it even hurts when I'm asleep.   AND, I can't play GOLF !!!      I called to make the appt. and after asking me a zillion questions about body implants (none) and metal body parts (none) and my history of scary ailments (none) and my age (old) and my weight (going down) and if I was CLAUSTROPHOBIC !!  (YES), I was rethinking the necessity of this.  
My first known episode of the C word was when we were at DisneyWorld and in the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine ride and they closed the hatch and I couldn't breathe and I panicked.....fortunately, because of my reaction, they have since removed that scary attraction.    I guess my fear of flying had something to do with that narrow tube and my stress level always elevates when the door closes and I have to turn off all electronics.....well, maybe it's not the door thing, maybe it's my disconnect from my phone, my Kindle, my iPad......
Anyway, she offered me the Open MRI machine......I had one before(the closed type) , on my head (yes, brain cells were present) and I had to close my eyes BEFORE I entered the room so I wouldn't see the thing and so I could ignore the fact that I was surrounded by impenetrable metal inches from my nose.....I have a vivid imagination and I just knew that bad things happen and that it could CRUSH me.   The drugs they gave me before did help.......I'll be brave today and skip the drugs but will close my eyes......and since it's my knee, maybe I won't be so surrounded...maybe.

In other news, we're trying to shovel out accumulations ....  Becca's Disney leftovers,  all the RV stuff , mail, dust, too many geckos on the lanai and dead plants............Company's  coming on Tuesday .    I read somewhere that a clean house is a sign that a female relative is coming for a visit.....or college roommates !!    Gotta get busy, I'm way behind and the maid threw up her hands and quit !          

2 comments:

  1. Nice descriptions! Sorry to hear that knee is still misbehaving, but the MRI will go well and you will derive peace of mind and peace of knee from a thorough diagnosis and treatment. It'll take 5 strokes off your game, even if it takes a little while! Take it easy on the cleaning....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, the dead plants. We have those too. Barely hanging on, the poor things.

    Sorry about your knee. Shoot! But I'm sure the docs will be able to fix you up. It's just everything takes so much time and I know you want to play golf NOW! Hang in there....

    ReplyDelete