Monday, October 15, 2012

Almost Home

It's hard to believe that our wandering is almost over. We crossed into Florida late today and we can almost see where we started 5 months ago. We still don't have decent WiFi AGAIN !! I had hopes so I plowed thru the nearly 800 pictures I've taken in the past couple of weeks and picked out 17 to share with you.....but it would take me 3 days to download with the balky system at this CG. Anyhow, here's one I had on my phone....




Special shapes are always a favorite.........Trust me, my other pics are much better......(click to enlarge)
We left Albuquerque Saturday after the morning Mass Balloon Ascension and have been almost coasting downhill ever since....the strong tailwind the first two days really helped the gas mileage. It looks like we will actually sleep in the stick house tomorrow night if all goes well....today we did well over 500 miles and then managed to do some serious housecleaning in preparation for putting the moving house back into storage. We do plan to do more traveling this fall but probably by air.
I'm trying to remain optimistic while watching Monday Night Football.....but....the Broncos really look bad and I'm losing interest fast.....oops, just realized that I didn't put my Broncos T-shirt on.....I'll wear it to bed and maybe a miracle will occur while I sleep............

Location:Milton, Florida, birthplace of Jeffrey Paul Miller 5/19/66

No comments:

Post a Comment