Monday, October 8, 2012

Balloons, balloons, balloons

I expected to see balloons but never in my wildest imagination could I have visualized




this amazing event.




I have probably 500 pictures on the computer but no way to share them with you until i get wifi These few are from my phone.
And, besides the visual impact, they allow you to walk anywhere among the balloons. Last night was the Glow.....the balloons don't launch but they light them up......it is surreal to walk between them, to feel the heat of the burners, to experience sensory overload, to meet the very friendly balloonists who answer questions.




We don't even have to leave the comforts of home. This was my view this morning thru the windshield.
I'll keep looking for strong wifi so I can take you along this week.
Click on pics to enlarge.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque

3 comments:

  1. I've always heard that this is a fabulous event. It must be breath taking in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I have always wanted to see. I can only imagine--can't wait to see your camera photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being at a balloon festival many years ago, much smaller scale and I will never forget it. It was magical - like the balloons were alive, living and breathing and the glow in the morning was indescribable. I've wanted to ascend ever since but now that I'm old and wiser, I may never do it.

    ReplyDelete