Thursday, May 17, 2012

Because you wanted to know........

The big taste test had to wait 24 hours......no gas for the grill. 
 I was glad to have Rian chime in as my personal gourmet chef expert and suggest  a maple syrup / soy mixture.   I happen to have 'real' Vermont maple syrup on hand, added some soy and basted it on the fish as it grilled.    When it was thoroughly caramelized and flaked easily, I sampled it and was happily surprised.    It was delicious.   I think I have avoided it because I detest the smell of it while cooking in the house and just assumed it tasted as bad as it smelled.    To my amazement, it was meatier and milder than some other 'white' fish that I eat.     The syrup was the perfect touch.    I highly recommend you try it !! 

We're getting closer !    We will have our new moho on the 31st, 2 weeks from today.     It will be driven to our dealer in Tampa on the 24th and they need a few days to 'prep' it and with Memorial Day in the middle, we'll have to wait a few extra days.      The area rugs that I ordered (special thanks to Erin who has them in their  beautiful coach) arrived today and tomorrow the Ford gets the equipment attached so we can tow it instead of the Honda.   I bought new Corelle dishes.....less chance of breakage as we go over those rough spots.    I have a set already but wanted some prettier ones.   I still have to decide on towels / bedding / and throw rug colors....   and...tomorrow I get my last color and haircut in Florida until October !!!    

2 comments:

  1. So glad you loved the salmon. You did good...it looks great! The thing I like about the maple/soy is you don't need any oil or butter. Although I do likes me some chimichurri sauce on salmon. Remind yourself to ask me about that next time you make salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Sue. Good to hear the taste test went well; need to get some maple syrup and try the mix with soy. Now that the rugs have arrived, you just need the motorhome so you can start decorating ... you know we want to see photos, right?

    ReplyDelete