Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Contemporary.....

We met Shelly and Bill at the Contemporary Resort at Disney for brunch on Monday. (Shelly being my roommate all those decades ago.....and still looks exactly the same !! ) They had just spent a week on a private yacht with crew in the Bahamas with their family....nice to hear how the other half vacation.... We had last been to the Contemporary 37 years ago when we took the boys and Mike celebrated his 12th birthday. It was the days of the "E" tickets and I think the only other hotel on grounds was the Polynesian. I thought the Contemporary looked quite dated on the lower level and in the restaurant.... looked dark and spare with low ceilings.
On the 4th level where I remembered these colorful tiles and where the Monorail stops as it passes thru the hotel, it was obviously updated and bright and had many art
installations. The food was very good tho and the conversation was lively. Too bad we couldn't have brought them back here for a few more days of catching up.

Meanwhile, back in the bubble, one of us is cleaning out closets and cupboards of stuff after 4 years of staying where I first put it. Downsizing isn't totally complete until you get rid of the stuff you don't need but just couldn't do away with the first time. I find it all very liberating and refreshing. And the benefit is more room in the closet for more clothes and shoes and handbags !! Today I tackled the shelves in the garage and I threw out with abandon..... Unfortunately, I picked the afternoon and a western exposure to do this task and had to give up due to heat prostration....meanwhile the other side of the house is refreshingly breezy and comfortable. Hopefully, Goodwill will be happy to see me tomorrow with my big load of goodies.


2 comments:

  1. I know a good dump...err landfill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if cleaning out and getting rid of stuff energizes you. According to Feng Shui, it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete