Monday, August 1, 2011

What are the chances...........

...that I will be able to wear these for an entire evening....? Actually, what are the odds that I can even WALK in them?

A VIE (very important event) is coming up in exactly one month. To that end, I have had to find a dress, find shoes, find jewelry, think about the hair and the make-up, and worry that it all goes together and fits......mostly that it fits. Meanwhile, the FOTG, had to get fitted for a tux, try on shoes and then work on his golf game. Sometimes life is not equal or fair. Anyway, this VIE is NOT about me or him and for that we are grateful. The BRIDE will be stunning and the groom extremely handsome and a great time will be had by all.
So, I find a dress....its a great color....plum, grape, aubergine, eggplant...or something like that. I try on the comfortable black shoes from the closet....Nope, doesn't work. I thought about DSW and there is one near by but what are the odds they carry that color in the appropriate shoe. So, I went to my favorite online place where I am considered a VIP (because over the years I have ordered TWO pair of shoes !), and searched their site for size 8.5, purple dress heels with an open toe. Four pair fit the bill and I tapped the Send button........shortly, an email arrived and said "WHOA, Nellie !! Have we got a surprise for you ! Because you are a VIP shopper, we are sending your shoes 2nd day Air !! And with Zappos, it is all free shipping, both ways and with returns up to a year. The large box arrived today.... all 4 pairs fit perfectly. Two are not a good match, one is a possibility and one is perfect (pictured above) EXCEPT, it has 4 inch heels. I will have to prance around in them for a month so I don't make a fool of myself or break something. I'm not sure that a woman of my age is even allowed to wear 4 inch heels......unless you're Tina Turner.
This is probably more information than you ever wanted to know about my search for shoes....plus, its very hard to take a decent picture of your own foot.
But, remember, when one is the owner of a blog, sometimes you have to dig pretty deep to keep the troops coming back for more.

Addendum: Thanks to Norma, Rian and Robbie for the comments on the previous blog......a good chuckle !!

3 comments:

  1. We're here to help keep you smiling! LOVE the shoe!!! Now I can't wait to see the dress! Is this stalking?? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love,love, love high heels and I do love yours. Unfortunately I can't go over 1 1/2" anymore and that's not very sexy. I might be able to get away with 2" for a short time. But 4", no way! Good luck, they are stunning. Yeah, I want to se the dress, too.
    I am also a VIP customer at Zappo's and I only bought ONE pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I love, love, love Zappo's

    ReplyDelete