Friday, August 5, 2011

Randomness

It's still all about the shoes...........here are some better pictures, stolen from my friends at Zappos.....BTW, Norma said that she is also a VIP and has only purchased ONE pair of shoes.....so looks like they are not too discriminating and are just throwing around fancy titles....Here's SHOE #1.... a favorite. Walking is OK but haven't tried for longer than a couple minutes.
SHOE #2 OK but a bit matronly and horrors of all horrors, I will NEVER be matronly if I can help it.
The BRIDE wore her lovely 4 inch heels around the house for 30 minutes and ended up with numb toes. This does not bode well for my success. She is switching to different shoes but still 4 inch.

Speaking of matronly, I read this morning where the average woman has $800 worth of cosmetics at home and $100 in her purse. Now that makes me feel really old and out of step....... in order to boost my self asteem and attempt to put a glow in my cheeks, I am investing in some pretty packaging for myself.......$21 just for eye liner ! But it promises so much, as does the lip color, the blush, the primer, the mascara and the age-reversal foundation. Then there's the teeth whitening, the hair color, the waxing, oh my....it never ends. I'll show you the after pics when we attend the big EVENTS and suspect I'll look exactly like ME !! Just short a few coins.........

Surprise, surprise, it's still hot in Florida. The golf course are busy busy busy. I think they are all crazy. I just don't know how they play in 112 heat index...especially when they are OLD. !! I keep waiting to have to use my Advanced Life Support skills out back while I am watching from the comfort of the pool.
We've taken to having dinner on the lanai.....in order to do that comfortably, we are sure to have a cold bottle of wine and a dip in the pool prior to sitting..... another dip after and we can sit and watch the golfers sweat.
We tried shrimp, scallops, pineapple, onions with a teriyaki marinade....delicious.
And speaking of the weird and unusual................ how about wall decals!!


4 comments:

  1. I don't see how you can call burgundy platform, sling-back, peep-toe three inch heels matronly!! I think they're gorgeous and I only wish I could wear them. I am still relegated to wearing sneakers because of my #@%^%&* broken toe. I go for more X-rays on Tuesday.
    As for the makeup, every brand promises to keep you young and beautiful forever. I, too, have an impressive stash of expensive supplies hoping to stave off the inevitable decrepitude.
    Love the wall art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go figure with the golfers and heat! My hubby comes home dehydrated every day here in Michigan (we're having Florida summer, you know!). But he still golfs every day! I still like the 1st pair of shoes..and who knew
    Wile E Coyote is/was at your house!! I just want to know who the last 'person' is hiding! Scary dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to all the makeup you mention, don't forget the facelifts that start to sound enticing, especially when your friends start getting them and they look really terrific.

    I like the peep-toe slingbacks! Matronly--NOT!

    I'm with ya on playing golf in 112 degrees. It's not for me. But people do it, every day.

    ReplyDelete