Monday, February 28, 2011

The good , the bad and the really ugly...

In my mind, I am a slim, younger person. In my mirror, I am neither of those. But this is supposed to be about the GOOD.......not the BAD or the UGLY. For whatever reason and mindset, I gave up eating healthy awhile back. I ate what and whenever I wanted, in denial that my body would eventually mimic the fattening foods I devoured. But , it soon did and I just quit looking in mirrors or at photos. And then one day about a month ago, I decided to do something smart for a change and put my head on the right way. Today, I had my annual physical and the Dr said I looked very healthy and she was very pleased with my labs. In just that short time, I dropped 33 points on my total Cholesterol levels. I have lost weight (still have many more to shed) and feel soooo much better. I'm doing Weight Watchers because that works for me and obviously agrees with my health as well. And, surprisingly, I am not deprived nor missing out on anything. The body is amazing and I am thrilled that it is giving me another chance to treat it kindly.

There is nothing I would consider BAD around here except for that gecko that found its way into the lanai and gazes fondly thru the open doors into the house. With family arriving in two days, I hope he finds a way out.

The REALLY UGLY...................was my golf game yesterday. We played 9 holes on one of the more difficult Palmer courses.
All I can say is that it was a beautiful day filled with basking alligators, sand hill cranes and a diving osprey. And thankfully, lots of wine to forget my score.

2 comments:

  1. We have been doing low-carb for a long time. It worked okay in the beginning but then nothing to brag about. Low-carb is a no-brainer (no counting), but I am now thinking of switching to WW. I think long-term it's a better way to go. Congrats on your successes and I can totally relate to the golf situation. Only too well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, congrats on getting healthy!! It's all about portion control..nothing fancy and that's why WW works too. We took a trip to the Villages on Monday with hubbies..won't tell you where or what we ate!! Bad, bad...but I did my bike riding which made me feel less guilty! NOT! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete