Friday, February 25, 2011

The R & R is over........

I thought I 'd disappear for a longer time but I missed you all......not that you ever comment or anything, but I know you're there. Lurking is fine with me, I do it all the time on the other blogs I read.
We took advantage of some free time (yes, the retired do have a busy life also) and we saddled up the RV and headed NW. We ended up at St George Island State Park. It is where Florida bends toward the panhandle about 80 miles south of Tallahassee.
It is just beginning to warm up and still very quiet among the dunes. They call it the "Forgotten Florida" or the "Real Florida". We liked it alot.
There were few people on the beaches which have the lovely powdery sand, cute sandpipers and all the shells you could pick up.
We ate out one night at the Blue Parrot, a seafood spot on the beach. I recommend the grilled fresh grouper. And the wine.
Trying to capture a picture of this tiny crab as it scurried about was a challenge. To gauge the size, that white piece at the bottom of the picture is part of a sand dollar.

As we lumbered home on Thurs, we realized the space shuttle was about to launch. So we grabbed the iPad (remind me sometime to tell you how much I like that thing), and found NASA TV with a LIVE liftoff.......it was amazing to be able to do that!!! If there hadn't been a heavy cloud cover, I'm sure we would have seen the trail in the sky also. The marvels of technology.!I need to post this on my forehead and remind myself of this everyday........
..............so let's all hurry up and get going..................!!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason your blog doesn't show up on my reader so I am late to the party. Great photos, esp the top ones...wow. Glad you had a good time in your MH--we have been watching our RVing 101 DVDs and next week we'll start outfitting it with "stuff." Fun, fun, fun.
    Happy trails...

    ReplyDelete