Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remembering

Sometimes, our life is just not that exciting...................can you believe that ???

During the cold spell, which lasted forever and made me want to call Al Gore and ask him where the warm weather was, we were unusually housebound in the 30 degree chill. Despite this, one of us took advantage of the behemoth parked in the front yard to replace some sparkplugs. I just think this is a funny picture.


And speaking of pictures, a while back, unknown to us, Jon patiently went thru boxes of slides and put them on CD's for us. Remember those days of slides, when we would gather in front of a blank wall and enjoy the show. They were big and vivid but otherwise quite inaccessible the rest of the time. And no dates on them.....
Anyway, some of them are now on my new computer and I have been enjoying the nostalgia. I should organized them into some semblance of time and space but that's for another day. Here are two of my favorites..........
Jeff, about 3 years of age, with that delightful smile and blonde hair. (Proving once again that I really am a natural blonde ....not. ) He was a bit mischievious but so darn cute.....and I doubt he has changed that much.
And here is my all time favorite picture. This was in Thailand during the Vietnam war and he sent this picture back to me.......about 25 years old, a Navy pilot and father of two. Brings back many memories......

1 comment: