Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm still here.....

Discipline and organization have never been my strongest suite....I'm more the beauty than the brains ( I wish). Blogging requires more discipline than beauty and therefore I am sadly lacking in the requirements to keep this slog of a blog going. Anyway, I will keep posting because it is the only way I can remember what I did last month, or last year and who I did it with. And if you wish to keep checking in, be warned that this might just be more for my benefit than for my adoring public.

We attended the 3rd running of the Inner Circle Golf Cart Rally this week. An event characterized by teams of 4 following a difficult set of clues to find answers to questions based on locales within a several mile radius of our neighborhood. It is a raucous group of old people, mildly fueled by some libation, careening about in golf carts, determined to be the first back to base with the best time and most correct answers. Altho we had the 2nd best time, apparently we made some mistakes and came in 5TH....ohh the shame. A team of 4 red shirted women came in first and a formal protest has been filed by another team. Here are their complaints........speeding and reckless driving, using cell phone while driving and to obtain help with clues (we used ours to google who was on the $2 bill), use of other illegal items (phone book), drinking while riding in the cart (we were all guilty of that), using a certain hand gestures to intimidate other teams, ......The Red Shirts countered by filing a sexual harrassment suit......and so it continues....all in good fun.
Meanwhile, back at the site of major construction....we are a week over the contracted finish date and as you can see by the picture, we have a problem. They have had to dig up part of the hot tub to find a leak.
Finally, after much delay, it was found and hopefully, all will finally be finished in a few days.
Mike has been doing a serious amount of traveling but managed to find some respite in this comfort zone in North Carolina. Note the sign in the window. Doesn't that just make you wish there was a franchise in your home town.


2 comments:

  1. A friend of ours who works in the deli department of a grocery store tells us that folks are buying thick slabs of bologna for this express purpose. I thought he was kidding and that it was just an alternative to eating cat food. Can't wait to show him this picture.

    I've been MIA for over a month. I'm hoping that I'll get something up in a bit - just not very motivated.... I think it might be that low light disorder.... or laziness.... or lack of decent snow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're having way too much fun down there!

    For Joe's 50th birthday party, a friend gave him a fried baloney sandwich as a joke after discussing what they ate as kids.

    Your pool/hot tub looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete