Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Progress and the past

We flew home during the early hours of Monday via the "red eye" which is exactly what it left me with the next day. It is very convenient to spend the night winging one's way east but there is payback. And I don't sleep except for brief catnaps. After all, I need to keep that plane afloat in the air by sheer will power. But my traveling companion logs many zzzzzzz's knowing I am doing my job.


The worker bees were quite busy in our absence. The spa is in place and the lanai screen has been removed. No more enjoying the warm evenings until the screens are up again.
The tile work progresses around the pool. I like the blue tile. It matches my eyes.
We had a nice 4 days with family and I also managed a mini reunion with 2 of my classmates from nursing school ......... FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO. And don't we look great!!! (that was rhetorical....no comment needed). In a round about way, I managed to get Shelly's email address (on the Right) and she in turn contacted Carol (on the left) and they live within an hour of Mother's house. We reminisced and caught up on all those years. After lunch, Paul joined us to help fill in more blanks. He actually ran into Carol in Hawaii, on a street, in 1967 as he was heading to SE Asia and she was a nurse working there . We have a lot of good memories....some not blog worthy or for grandchildren's ears.

I didn't get the memo on the wearing of the Christmas clothes. But then, I don't have the tree up or the cards done either. I'm waiting for winter to arrive and the temperature to drop below 80.



1 comment:

  1. Yes, you DO look great! That must have been so much fun.
    I didn't know you were installing a pool. Will you enclose it with screening? That seems to be the thing to do in FL.

    ReplyDelete