Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Excuses


My apologies for not updating the blog in TWO weeks. I heard from all 3 of my readers that I was remiss in not wishing you all a Merry Holiday at least. And in this update, I don't even have pictures. I am operating under a handicap. Despite the fact that we have 3 laptops in this house, I am unable to post the blog in my usual manner, complete with Kodak moments, on any of them. Believe me, I have tried. Right now, I am on the new MAC and altho I've fiddled with the font size, I am typing in this micro mini font which I can barely see. When I tried to download pictures, it gave me the dreaded spinning beach ball and I've had to reboot. The other computer is currently unusable because the power supply failed and one is on order. The 3rd one is just too ancient to consider handling an issue so important as this blog.
But aside from those difficulties, we had a very special Christmas. Jeff and Tracy decided at the last minute to come on down. The weather was lovely, the golf courses had tee times and they explored the gulf beaches.

(Just thought I'd help a bit by posting this Wii pic.
ptm)
Our family gave us a Wii.....popular among the young and seniors alike. We also got the Wii Fit Plus which is an interactive fitness tool. After going thru the set up and jumping thru hoops, it gives you your BMI and your fit age..........Mine came in at 73 !!!!!! Well, that made me REAL happy. Paul refused to get on the thing. I'm hoping that they based this on a balance test that I couldn't even figure out until it was half over because, other than wt and ht and age, that's all they tested. So, I will reset it, avoid wine before the test, and try again and hopefully, it will decide that I am 42 and a real blond.

And now, I'm going to spend the day trying to figure out some computer issues so I can come back and dazzle my audience with witty repose and blog worthy photos.

Addendum: My use of the word "repose" was totally inaccurate. I guess I meant "prose". Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain.

3 comments:

  1. I think I would like a Wii. I don't know that I would USE it, but I would like to have one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you should be able to go back in and edit posts to correct errors and omissions. That way, people like me who weren't so johnny-on-the-spot to read right away wouldn't know that you used the wrong word. And hey, you must have 4 readers, cause I didn't write to find out why you hadn't posted. Besides, that would be the pot-calling-the kettle-black since I am also MIA. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that at least 5 readers!
    We got the Wii fit plus too and I love it. The first time I did my Wii age, I was 71. The next time I tested it did different tests and I dropped to 49. Wish my weight would drop that fast.
    We're in FL for one more day - guess it will warm up after that (today was beautiful though - just had dinner outside!!) Can't wait to live down here.

    ReplyDelete