Monday, October 26, 2009

What a difference a day makes

Flew into Colorado yesterday and was greeted by this. Not heavy snow but steady and cold. Quite a shock to my system. As we were descending thru the clouds and snow, I noticed that slushy snow was building up on the wings. So, being the intrepid and brave flier that I am, but also having inside knowledge, I just knew that the wing deicers weren't on and we were going to cartwheel into the Colorado landscape below. I quit looking but then just had to peek again and some had fallen off so figured that the crew was indeed awake and had turned on the deicers and we would all live.

Can you count the computers in this picture.....yes, there are 5 and on the other side of the room , Paul and I were each on our laptops........ total of 7 and yet we were all able to multi task and have quality family time.





Today we are loading up the "Moving Roadblock" and heading south to warmer climes. We hope to be home in about 6 days. Updates when we have WiFi.

1 comment:

  1. Heard there was snow - lots of it - in CO today. You missed it! Probably a good thing. Our friends who travel the country in their home are driving through snowy Utah on their way to California where I expect they're spending the winter.

    ReplyDelete