Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A day without pictures is.........boring

Coming up for air after a busy week. And no pictures to prove that I wasn't just eating bon bons for that time.

Aunt Romayne was moved into her beautiful new apartment last Wed. Altho we didn't pack or move it ourselves, it involved too many details and tasks and just felt like one of our moves, on a smaller scale. So now we are just left with more organizing and sorting and hanging of the pictures and drapes and such. But she is happier and the long drive (45min) has been reduced to a lovely golf cart ride from our house.



On the news this morning, they said that there are about 28 gazillion bloggers (it was either millions or billions, didn't quite get it) and at least 50% of them earn money from that blog. !! Either by allowing ads or by promoting products. And now they will be required to disclose if they are endorsing a product. I really don't see why laws have to get in the way of all of this altho I do read some blogs that apparently make big bucks from their many advertisements. One such blog is written by a mother of 4 who lives on a huge cattle ranch, homeschools the kids, writes a cooking blog, a homeschooling blog, a home and garden blog, a photography blog and her daily blog. And she has very generous give-aways....like iPods, Kitchen Aid Mixers, gift cards to Target and Amazon and one time , 2 pair of custom made cowboy boots. She says she does not receive these items from the ads but sort of indicates she buys them with her profits from the ads. And she gets 10-15000 hits a day. (including me) . And she's an interesting read.

Speaking of consumerism.......guess who finally broke down and bought a new phone ?? His previous one was barely hanging on and I think the fear of losing all the contacts was the driving force..... So he is now the proud owner of the newest and latest iPhone. His has a compass AND a video camera. And a lot more room to store stuff. And with the new upgrade , we can all text PICTURES.....very cool. And no, we are not endorsing Apple or iPhone but we certainly would if they made it worthwhile to the writer of this 'world famous blog'.....

3 comments:

  1. About the woman who gets 10-15,000 hits a day, wow! I think I've only gotten about 17,000 since I started over a year ago. And she must spend all day at the computer with all those blogs she writes. How does she do it with homeschooling and all? Amazing! Send me the link, so I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAWN.... It really wasn't all that boring, but I do like pictures :-D
    Glad your Aunt is getting settled in her new digs - they look fabulous!
    And I need a new phone. We're looking at iPhones but I wonder if it's too complicated for me. I really just need a basic phone but it sure looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that frontierswoman all the time. She has the best blog--I think it's amazing that she finds so much to write about out their on the pioneer front. Never won nuthin though, but it's fun to get in on the trying.

    ReplyDelete