Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pretty ugly


The mandevillas are doing great. The blossoms are so large and lush. But they still don't get an adequate supply of water from the sprinkler system so hand watering is needed. We need to correct that. Left in my care, most green and living things die.......Speaking of


GREEN and LIVING.... Mr. Gecko has taken up residence on the lanai. He started out as a tiny 1 inch baby and as you can see, in the past month or so , he has filled out a bit. I don't like him out there but since it is still too warm to open up the doors, I don't fear him coming in to the house. But I do fear him growing and possibly becoming THIS
.
Not a chance you say....????? Green, 4 legs, long tail, pointy head, moves quickly, beady eyes...........looks like same gene pool to me.

And who would have predicted this ...........BRONCOS WIN SEASON OPENER. It was a terrible game for both the Bengels and the Broncos until the last 20 seconds. It wasn't a John Elway type save , just dumb luck.


Got back on the golf course this weekend......twice. Not pretty. Except for the new shoes.




4 comments:

  1. Husband Paul in Miami just checking the blog to see what is on Sue's mind. I'm busy trying to get really young pilots, (SOME YOUNGER THAN OUR YOUNGEST), to realize they can never never get from Seattle to Hawaii in a B767 simulator. Sue's life is more exciting than this. But, she's the creative one! I just fix stuff.
    Nice blog entry my dear,
    PtM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just all about the shoes, isn't it?!
    Wish I had a gecko living on my lanai instead of skidding headlong into fall. The colors should be lovely though because of all the rain we've had. Here's hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it could be worse, you could have Jay Cutler as your QB (who threw 4 picks last night)


    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good old Larry the alligator! I miss him. We just have big spiders in Kentucky, no cute little geckos.

    I did stuff an alligator (stuff a bear toy) at "Lollipops" before leaving Kiawah. Kevin stuffed a flamingo.

    I'm now referring to my leg sunburn as the sock tatoo.

    Laca

    ReplyDelete