Sunday, August 3, 2008

Here and there.....

You might wonder why I have included this particular picture when it is about 400 degrees in Colorado these days....they are in the middle of a heat wave of unrelenting proportions.

Paul and Mike and Lizzie and Alex have taken this vehicle, minus the snow coverings, up to the mountains for a week of 4 wheeling....check out this site for details (I forgot how to use the hyperlink feature) www.mhjc.org/2008A4Fhome.htm They are also roughing it at the campground in the motorhome. I was certainly invited but preferred to keep my head at sea level. Many many years ago, 20 to be exact, when Jenna was very pregnant with Nicholas and Michael had a broken leg, the family spent a week 4 wheeling around the Ouray/Telluride area http://www.ouraylovers.com/ The area is breathtaking but terrifying when you are on a narrow trail high above nothing but air. We have often talked of returning, for a more sedate viewing , but have yet to make it.

Mike and Jenna went on one of these events last year in Moab and loved it. I'm hoping there will pictures to post this week. They have good cell coverage and I'm assuming Mike will be able to send pics out on his phone.

Meanwhile it is quiet here at the homestead. I'm determined to get this place settled and with that goal in mind, I'm heading to Orlando tomorrow with Ann and Jane , my nice friends and neighbors and golfing partners, to shop for STUFF.....but important stuff like maybe a chair or two or accessory pieces. My shopping enthusiasm just isn't what it used to be so I'll have to FORCE myself to keep going.

I went out looking on Saturday and think I might like these chairs. I'm going to get a round dining table and will be able to fit 8-10 chairs around it. I thought of getting 4 of these sea grass ones and 4 of something else. I don't like the matched look.

And here is a look at the area rug that we have in the living area. It is from Pottery Barn and has great colors in it. I just ordered another for the dining area. I had ordered a different one for under the table but it just didn't work. So my floors will certainly be bright. But the rest of the house is so beige, with walls and floors being neutral that this gives it a real spark. Both carpets are 9x12.


I would show you a pic of the new desk area and cabinetry and island, but it isn't done. One of the doors needs to be replaced and the shelving isn't in. I really am enjoying the space and organization capabilities. Plus, the cherry is just plain beautiful. Now I need to tackle the lighting overhead. Just too much to think about....................

No comments:

Post a Comment