Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Back at the homestead....

Just a quick note, sans pictures, to let you all know that we are home again. Part of me sure enjoyed the freedom of not having to deal with airports and flying weather and the option to stop and walk around a bit. But the other part of me says it was just too long and too far to do it very often. We took a different route home so the scenery changed.

It was great being in Ct and seeing the little ones and Becca but I do love coming home. This morning I played golf with my Wed group. It was a very early tee time and nearly dark driving over but I played really really well so I'm not ready to give up the game this week......and then Paul played also and just came home and beat my score by 2.....not fair I say.
Driving certainly was not the cheap way to go. Mostly we paid about $3.80 give or take a few pennies for gas. But in Ct, it was highway robbery. I found the cheapest I could find and it was $4.21 but most places were over $4.25. Now I realize that this might be cheaper than California but for the east coast, this was exorbitant. If I lived there again, I think I would have to revolt. My own Newtown Gas Party, akin to you know, the Boston one in 1700 something. It's all about the taxes they stick on the price but what do you get for that?.....are the roads any better than NJ, where they not only have really cheap gas, but it's a law that they pump it for you.
Oh, well, maybe I'll pick another battle. After I take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment