Friday, July 18, 2008

Shark watching

I love to watch golf......I have for years even before I started to play. I would easily give up a weekend to watch a major tournament. And I have to admit that the big reason I watched was Greg Norman. That good looking Aussie with the great accent and all the accoutrement's of success.....like flying a helicopter to the course each day when playing in his home state of Florida.
Then Tiger came along and Greg got older and more involved in course design and rarely played. So I have watched Tiger, even from his early days as an amateur. And I have other favorites as well.
But imagine my surprise when I gathered my knitting and my favorite chair and sat down to watch 7, yes SEVEN hours of golf yesterday and who is playing and playing very well???........yep, The Shark himself. Looking as fit and gorgeous as ever,( no doubt buoyed up by the fact that he is a newly -wed.) He and his wife both shed themselves of the old spouses and became a power couple. The cameras have focused on Chris Everett following him around the course. The TV coverage for the British Open is more than any other major tournament and I don't know that I am up for that much golf in 4 days.....or that much knitting. But this morning at 7 am when coverage started, I was able to see the man himself IN THE LEAD !!! at age 53 with all those young guns in the hunt. So, altho I won't watch much today as he has completed his round, you'll know where to find me on Sat and Sun. And if not in live time, it will be recording for future watching and posterity.

1 comment:

  1. I know precious little about golf, but I have to admit that I have followed and cheered for Tiger Woods. After I was away for several days last year I returned to find that Roger had begun to watch golf on TV and he regularly puts it on still. It is fun to watch, especially when you like who's playing but I'm not sure I could do 7 hours, knitting or not. But then again, it all depends on what the alternative choice might be. :D
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete