Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Earth Day

We went to try out some golf clubs for ME on Monday.    TV does everything pretty well and their efforts to sell you new golf gear is no exception.     The clubs are displayed in a bright new  facility next to the driving range  with every color and brand and style of club you could imagine.    Well, not sure about the color and style but they had what I was looking for...sort of.     I chatted with a very nice gent about my wishes and expectations and we went to the large open bay with a lovely view so I could try them out for size.    Well, after abusing several clubs and embarrassing myself with a couple wayward shots, he said that maybe I should just stay with what I have.....and go to WALMART !!!!  and get a weighted club and practice with that so I could improve my swing speed and my distance.    What he didn't say was "Lady, you're 72 yrs old, how long are you even going to be able to swing a club ?? ".     Actually, I don't think he was really thinking that since he had a few years on himself as well and he probably would have liked to sell me clubs..... but I certainly appreciate his honesty.       So, I might get a club at Walmart and maybe I'll just get a new golf bag and call it done.   After all, it's all about how you look anyhow.....

Two weeks until we hitch up the horses to the wagon and head on down the road.    I am ready.!!    P has been waxing and fixing and checking and getting the moving house ready to go.    I am filling up the guest room with stuff to put in the moving house.     We'll take about 10 days to get to Denver and I'll be sure and take a picture now and then and share.

About 10 days ago, we went to St Petersburg to view a showing of the PlantPureNation documentary that will open nationwide on July 4th.   As in all the cities that it is being previewed in, they had to move the showing to a larger auditorium in the theatre and many cities have sold out.     If interested, try www.plantpurenation.com and check out the cities where it's showing..    The show highlights efforts to share the amazing affects of eating plant based on small volunteer groups.   Starting out with small groups in NC, the participants agree to eat prepared food, delivered to their homes for 2 weeks.    A medical history and blood work is done at the beginning and repeated at the end.   It's fun to see how delighted and surprised they are at the amazing results.      After repeating these JUMPSTART groups in KY,  an attempt was made to pass a resolution to say that eating a whole food plant based diet was beneficial in avoiding and TREATING certain medical issues.     The KY legislature  rejected it twice and their comments are not their best and brightest moments.    But you realize that they are just trying to stay in office and protecting the lobbyists who keep them there......big agriculture, dairy and big pharma.     It's a sad commentary on our government, at all levels.
When I see the recalls of ice cream and the spread of bird flu in commercial farms and read that some big manufacturers are fearing a drop in sales due to contamination fears,  I enjoy my organic (mostly) plants.
Today is EARTH DAY and knowing that we are doing a very small part to return this planet to good health, makes me happy.      Here's a little something to think about.........
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/moby/moby-meat_b_5889850.html


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great movie review Sue. We do buy organic as much as we can. If we had a land house, a community garden would be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete