Monday, April 20, 2015

A perfect number....



Hi again !    Yep, we're still alive and well....haven't starved or withered away and we're still enjoying our new lifestyle.     It's always a new day of experimenting and learning and being encouraged by the energy and well being that we have found.     
We don't go out to eat very often.   Panera is a favorite but their breakfast sandwiches don't work for us.    We could have the oatmeal but we make that everyday at home.  
 
So, yesterday, being a day that called for a celebration, we headed to a local popular NY Deli kind of place.    We both ordered the waffles.    Yep, they probably had milk and eggs in them and maybe oil and sugar and other stuff that we avoid but they were the least offensive things on the menu.    I have to say, our taste buds were sparkling.     We brought our own real maple syrup (warmed even ! ) and the combination of thick crunchy waffle with cold juicy sweet strawberries and warm maple syrup was a delight.   Paul had his with bananas in a rum sauce ( think buttery ! ).    It was a fun indulgence.  


 Word has gotten around so no one sent me chocolate covered donuts  but Sandy sent this perfect Edible Arrangement.   It is huge and I immediately ate the strawberries and some pineapple.   So fresh and crisp....  We are both happy to have a ready snack to munch on.

Speaking of special days.    Yesterday, the number of the day was 72.    12 years ago, when I turned 60 I was in a state of denial and sadness.   I was not happy .   Mostly because I kept thinking that in 10 years I would be SEVENTY and I truly could not handle that thought.    I was not ready to be old and out of touch and probably ill and useless.      If only I'd known then what the next 12 years would bring, I would have been a happy happy me.     To come so close to losing the most amazing and wonderful person in my life , puts everything into a different perspective.    To watch him challenge every dire prediction the Drs could think of and accomplish goals no one could have predicted is just short of a miracle.    It is what the human spirit in conjunction with determination and stubbornness can accomplish.    These years are a huge gift to us and we embrace them and try and make them the very best possible years.    To be active and healthy and happy and in love with each other and our life is a gift we can not take lightly.     Seventy two is a perfect place to be and we embrace it with gratitude and understanding that the years will continue to accumulate and we will continue to do our best to be vibrant and as healthy as possible and to look forward to each and every day.    

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sue! Each day is a gift! How nice to wake up every morning with a smile and positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sue. I like your perspective.

    ReplyDelete