Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mi casa...


 Maybe on our "Bucket List" someday.    Mike and Lizzie (red jeep) went on the Rubicon Trail in the Sierra's with friends from Microsoft.   Lizzie said it was the best thing ever.   It requires tent camping for several nights and NO possibility  of turning around unless you need to be towed out $$$$    The food and supplies were brought in by helicopter…..including a Grand Piano !!    My kind of camping I think…..except for the sleeping on the ground and non-flushable facilities.


 I've been trying to get a view of the house and the lighting just doesn't work too well….not that I tried too hard.    The windows on the southwest side bring in a lot of light.   Notice the lack of wall decor behind the table.    I like an uncluttered look so a big mirror might go there.


 View towards the front door.    The walls are painted a yellowish buff color and it is a real chameleon, changing colors from beige to yellow depending on light.    We had it in the Pennsylvania house and Jenna reminded me how much I liked it.    A hotel in Telluride used it throughout according to the girl at the paint store so I feel in good company.    Powell Buff by Benjamin Moore but anyone will mix it.


 The great room… I should have bought 2 sofas instead of the loveseat and sofa but I didn't realize the room was as big as it is.  The color is a wheat shade instead of the lighter color in the pic.

 The bare study…..a work in progress…….we had the closet made with a pocket door and shelves for storage.  

 Your room……large TV on opposite wall , currently sitting on a box….large closet.


 View from entry…..it's not a big house…..about 1900 sf but certainly perfect for the old and slow.


 Kitchen works very well.    Drawers and cabinets have the soft closure feature.   Nice big pantry-type storage area to left of refrig.     I have BLACK sinks and love them.   No more scratched stainless.   We opted for stools at the bar instead of backed high chairs.   These are comfy and easy to get on and I find that people actually sit on them …. the ones in Florida have backs and are cumbersome even tho they turn.


 We like our comfy king bed despite almost needing a ladder to get in.     I opted for bedspreads on all of the beds so I didn't have to deal with bed skirts.  


 Landscaping done and we like the river rock.



We are taking up a collection for patio furniture…..but for now, chairs from the MH work fine.   Love the fancy grill that showed up on our patio when the kids visited.       The overhang gives great protection from the SW sun.  
The season is getting booked so make your reservations soon.     Mark and Annette in Sept and a couple weeks later, Guy and Judy will arrive in Oct.      We can't wait to show them our part of the world.

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks fantastic inside and out...love the grass!
    Your guests are in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just right....comfy, roomy and inviting. Love the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great house, loved the tour, and I think you did a great job decorating. Very interesting about that chameleon paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK,lady!!! Are you still coming back to Florida? I've missed so many of you posts!!! You need widget so we can sign up or get via email...yes, I'm lazy...my friend who I sent some of your beads wanted me to help sell her fabrics..actually, hubby did...so I have 12 bins of fabric that I'll be taking to our day guild to sell in Oct. Whew...lots of work. Anyway, take care keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the bird cage??

    ReplyDelete