Monday, June 23, 2014

Mindless chatter……..

NO pictures.   You'd think, with a brand new house, new stuff and new community and new views, that I should manage to show you something.     But no, the camera seems to be collecting dust.  

I'm going along on  the Hiking Club's jaunt  on Wednesday and will definitely share my views as well as early wild flowers that we hope will be out.  

We're moving right along in the furnishing dept and the fishbowl look is still prominent but we did make a decision.    Shutters should be covering the windows within 10 days.    I vacillated between blinds and shutters but finally decided that I might not need any other window treatment if I went with shutters.    We'll see…….

I don't have an end to the duck story.    The last time we saw her, she was on the golf cart path and looking a bit sad.    The golfers and maintenance workers did drive around her so I'm assuming she was still alive as the golf course crew likely would have carted her away.    There are some tall grasses nearby and we looked briefly hoping she wasn't there.     While I'm writing, I"m also watching a busy hummingbird at the feeder.  

Played PB last evening and a friend managed to take a tumble and rupture his Achilles.    Others heard the pop but he only had brief pain.   I was able to palpate a growing bump on the tendon and off they went to the ER.    Montrose is less than 20,000 with limited orthopedic services so he will have to wait a week for surgery.    I think I would hobble somewhere else and get it done.    We do hear good comments about the medical care tho.        

Playing bad golf  but enjoying it immensely.    The course is fairly flat but there's enough water to keep you alert.   Cobble Creek meanders about and it's never in the right place when you need to hit over it.   I plan to join so I can play unlimited rounds.    It's mostly empty after 5 and makes for a good walk with a few clubs.  

Finally found a good book club.   The list of books I want to read is way too long.    We discussed "The  Art of Hearing Heartbeats".   Good but not great altho once  I heard the dissection  of it, I had a much better understanding.    I'm currently reading the latest book (#8) in the "Outlander" series.    Not as good as others IMHO.

Our landscaping should begin sometime this week.    I get all kinds of ideas on my morning walks but ours will be simple for now and Randy assures me that hosta will grow just fine in our shady areas.    But then neighbors just down the street, (over wine last night after PB) , said that they get deer in the winter and they do quite a bit of damage.    They had a buck make himself comfortable on their patio.   They also have prairie dogs show up ….. I only see an occasional rabbit and lively birds.  

Enough of my nothings…….Life is good and this was one of our better ideas..  !!





2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and Paul....I love reading all about your new life there. I find it very refreshing. You are certainly getting involved with a lot of fun things to entertain the body and the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks beautiful! I'm so glad that you're enjoying this move. Can't wait to see more of the house.

    ReplyDelete