Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood…...

Jon drove by the other day but we missed him.    He did take a picture  as he passed overhead at probably 37,000 ft or so.  The triangle indicates where the Montrose Airport is, about 5 miles north of our house.    He came back in the middle of the night but we didn't leave the light on for him.    Next time, I hope he stops.   

 Slowly, slowly the empty echo in the house is dissipating .     I finally found a reasonably priced area rug for the living area.    It is very plushy and soft and just what I was looking for.  I suspect it can hide a lot of sharp Legos and sticky snacks.    I'll find out in July !!
Life is good out here in the West.    Too bad we didn't discover it 10 years ago…..oh yeah, we were working 10 years ago……   But now we lead a wonderful life of leisure and adventure and new people and places…..and it's the right prescription for living our days to the fullest.     Just hope the joints can keep up.       P continues his days of pickle ball.    He's scheduled to play in a tournament the end of the month.   I'll be a good cheerleader.       I do play but I prefer the golf course.    I'm playing 18 on Saturday…. I will probably walk the course as I bought a nice push cart from my neighbor.   

There are any number of activities going on around here….and they make us feel very welcome.     I joined the Hikiing Club.    They go out twice a week and have a huge directory of local hikes (within a couple of hours) ….from the benign to the strenuous and difficult.     They also go on "Adventures"  where they stay for a couple of days and explore a more distant area.    In a month or so, the wildflowers will be in full bloom and it is truly magnificent.   
Yesterday, we headed to The Black Canyon of the Gunnison Natl Park, about 45 min down the road.   The sky, at first sunny and nice, soon turned darker and by the time we arrived at the trail head, the rain and lightning began.       The 9 of us, 5 women, 4 men pondered the situation and then opted for the alternate plan……...

Back down to the Coffee Trader in Montrose for a gathering under a huge locust tree and proper refreshments.   (It was sunny down there )     This wasn't mine but I wish it had been.

Today, a few of us  are  heading to lunch at a garden center with a nice restaurant in Delta….about 30 min north.    On my morning walks, I see all the roses and peonies and day lilies and lupine in full bloom.   Our landscaping isn't in yet  but I'm planning in my head what I want besides an aspen.    And, fortunately, once it's in, we can just enjoy as there is a service that takes care of it all.  

Enough about us……we'd like to hear what you are up to.    And when you are coming to visit…..

3 comments:

  1. We will be in Montrose from July 24 to August 1... We can't wait! We look forward to seeing you and Paul. It will be so nice to have "locals" point out a couple of really good hikes and awesome Jeep trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two sure don't encompass the word "slow" in your vocabulary, ha! Have been playing golf most days here in AZ. Am going to visit older brother John in Apollo Beach, FL from the 18th to the 28th. Sure enjoy your blog, keep up the good work and thanks!!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete