Saturday, November 23, 2013

Picture-free.......

Yes, we have no pictures !    Today, it's just my voice.    I've always thought that the blog needs pictures but I enjoy several that never or rarely have a single one.    And I look forward to the blog updates......however, those blogs may be written by persons with interesting lives or witty ways with words or share thought-provoking ideas .....  This blog does not pretend to have any of those talents and often relies on the beauty of the world to fill the voids.      Anyhow, I wanted to send off a note before we wing our way west in a couple of days.  
We're watching the weather as the storm tracks east and threatens to make the ride a bit bumpy.   Here's hoping the NY airports are OK on Thanksgiving when Jon tries to join us.    The forecast looks precipitation free in Denver for the big weekend.    But, I won't bet the house on it staying that way.  

This week, I've had to go shopping..... I just HAD to !    I went searching for a warmer coat.    I have had one forever, I love it and it works great for traveling.    But, when I managed to retrieve it from the back of the closet,  I realized it looked a bit faded and worn in spots.   Darn,  I really like that coat.    So, I went to Dillard's in Ocala.....they don't carry coats !!!!   I persisted and asked about rain coats or light coats and she said , NO....     Today, I wandered down the Turnpike to Orlando and tried the huge Dillards ...... still NO .....  People , it does get cold in Florida....  what happens if the natives or the transplants need to go NORTH??    So, I trotted (yes, I can still do that) over to Nordstroms and of course, they had coats.    And their usual excellent customer service.     And guess what I found....??   An almost identical copy of my favorite one....with a lining and removable hood and it was on SALE.   Because I was so happy and wanted to show my appreciation, I also found a few other things to add to the shopping bag.     

Today was just a beautiful day.    Highs in the 80's, low humidity and puffy clouds.    This is the weather that the tourists come down here for.....unfortunately, next week is supposed to be chilly and rainy.    

Wishing you all a delicious Thanksgiving with those who are special to you.     

4 comments:

  1. I went out for my morning walk with long johns top and bottom, cashmere turtleneck, puffy down coat, wool scarf, mittens and ski band. I still cut my walk short because my face was freezing. So you'll be glad you have that coat when you get here. The 80's and low humidity sure sounds good to me!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, yiu do have a away with words...I always enjoy reading your posts...BUT, I do think yiu have a way with the camera too. Either way works! I would never dare to post without pictures! At least I feel,that way today!

    Burr...it sounds cold in Denver...I know you will,have a wonderful time. Glad you found the coat and filled your bag with other things you wanted...I love to shop!

    Safe travels...have fun...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, my friend!! Enjoy your weather...it was 27 on my dog walk @ 5:00 p.m. But i bundle up so it's not that bad. As long as roads are dry!
    i love reading your blog with or without pictures..you do have a way with words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love your pics, but you have a great way of writing, so that I don't miss them! Snowing here tonight. jan e

    ReplyDelete