Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life in the slow lane........

I am aware that if you have a blog and don't ever contribute to it, you will lose the 3 followers that you have and then you will be writing it just for yourself.    Which is pretty much why I do it anyhow......but then the ego steps in and wishes for a worldwide audience to share in   these ramblings so I start writing again. 
  
   I'm still enjoying 'just being home'.....absence does make the heart grow fonder.    
Our "old" friends ,( no offense intended  but we did graduate with Mark so no hiding the age thing), stopped by on their way from the North to their home in the tropics of Naples.   It is very comfortable having them around and catching up on our busy retirement lives.    Annette and I look like we are being absorbed by the sofa.....it is overstuffed and very nap worthy.     (We were showing the photo capabilities of the mini iPad so the quality is lacking) 

I remain ever vigilant for the returning geckos on the lanai but so far, there is only a rare sighting.    However, I did see this brave invader peeking out of the drains to see if the way was clear.


We currently have a noisy crew of guys on our roof, putting in solar heating for the pool   Just another treat for Andy and Mason so they have bathtub temperature pool water when they visit in the winter....otherwise , we heat for days and days trying to get it warm enough.    The payback is several years but it seems a shame to let that Florida gold go to waste. 

This is our last full week at home before we head out again....via air this time.    We're looking forward to the family gathering for Thanksgiving and then THE WEDDING.    And the grandmother and grandfather are now properly attired .......one of us was able to get into a  nice suit from many years ago.......while the other required a shopping trip.    And speaking of the inequality of aging .....   Yesterday, on my morning power walk, I came upon a group of neighbors meeting up for golf.....one friend says (loudly),   "Sue, your hair is GREY !!   When you left you were BLONDE !! "  I thanked him for reminding me and sharing it with the group.  

And healing thoughts go to my much younger sister who managed to break her foot, requiring pins and fusion.    Maureen will be missed at her hospital where she is a highly respected and excellent Certified Nurse Midwife.   But, here's hoping the down time will be a healthy respite from her very busy life.       Now that she has the time, maybe she'd like  to go to Disney World........on crutches !!









3 comments:

  1. If my hair looked as good as yours I would let it go gray, but I'm sure it wouldn't. Whose wedding are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your hair looks great....I am impressed not only with the color, but also how thick it is! Wish I had some of it!

    Can't wait to see pictures of you in your new digs! Take lots of wedding pictures...

    Enjoy Thanksgiving, the wedding, and family.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on your blog! I kept checking and wondered if you were going to write again once home! Glad to see you are!!!! Have to play catch-up!

    ReplyDelete