Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Balloon Shapes

I don't know how many balloons aren't round.....but the creativity seems to be endless.    A company in Brazil  does many of them.     Here are just a couple.    

 The hummingbird is new this year.....


 Several evenings they tether the balloons and have an "evening glow".    It is spectacular, especially if you walk among them.
 This was an accidental picture....I was taking a shot of Flyer off in the distance and managed to capture the baskets of two balloons as they passed overhead.  

It was Nicholas' turn to fly this morning.    If I had used a tripod, it might have been less fuzzy but I was surprised I even captured it from so far away.  
 And this is the awesome Miller chase crew........
 We don't have to go far.....grab some coffee and a front row seat for a view from the front window of the coach for those very early launches.  
Airabelle is probably one of the most popular shapes.    Owned by a local dairy, it is huge.   On all of the shapes, notice how small the gondolas are in comparison to the balloon....this gives you an idea of size.   Last year, she landed on a major road and tied up traffic for a bit.....

4 comments:

  1. Incredible. Especially when you see the balloons with the crowd of people you really grasp how huge these things are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back from my trip and am loving your phenomenal photography. The balloons are fantastic as are the nature shots of he fall scenery in the lat posts.
    I'll gat back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! Even with spellcheck Im bad, but I'm sure you got the drift.

    ReplyDelete