Friday, June 7, 2013

Use your imagination......

For days, I have been taking pictures with only you in mind...........distant vistas, snow capped peaks, the flora and fauna of the gorgeous West.     Alas, a vvveeerrryyy  slow or non-existent  internet at most places has prevented me from posting.   I am crushed
 as my National Geographic photography skills need to be shared !!

Anyway, enough of the whining.....I'll work it out.      We arrived yesterday at the beautiful Portal RV Park in Moab, Utah.   We are surrounded by the towering redstone cliffs  as we sit on a beautiful landscaped site next to a koi pond.....no sighting of fish but lots of noisy bull frogs.    The small but busy main street surprised me with it's abundance of restaurants and shopping.   We went to the Farmer's Market, hoping to get some fresh produce but it is a bit early in the season I think and nothing looked tempting.   This is a hub for adventurous activity.....rafting on the Colorado, mountain biking on the slick rock, jeeping on the daunting trails and climbing the sheer cliffs.    We have all sorts of books and guides to help us plan our "gentle" activities.     We're off this morning to explore ..... weather is HOT altho with no humidity and a breeze it is OK.We were walking around in 97 degrees late yesterday and it was comfortable.    There is a triathalon this weekend and not sure how they can do that in those temps.   It is to be well over 100 in the next few days.      We are very close to Arches and Canyonlands NP's .  

I completed my 3 day class at the Botanic Gardens and after discussion with the Program Director, I am going to try and take 3 more classes in July and August.   It will mean changing our  plans of heading into Canada this year but P can get back to his Parker's Picklers pickleball group and we will be near family again.  
So, stay tuned.....I see a Starbucks in my future in order to get some pictures posted.    

No comments:

Post a Comment