Thursday, February 14, 2013

Looking back and ahead......

I am left with memories of the colors of Costa Rica.   It is an impoverished country but they brighten their lives with pastel painted houses and gorgeous tropical flowers.     Despite the abundance and varieties of orchids, I came to like the heliconias the best.    They vary by size and shape and come in colors from a light coral with yellow to a deeper red with orange.   This one I snapped in the lobby of the hotel as we waited for our ride to the airport.   

 I'll never forget the brilliant scarlet macaws.   They are large, noisy, vibrant and curious.  


How can I not like the red eyed tree frog as my favorite jungle creature?    He seems to symbolize Costa Rica and his image is everywhere.   
 The greenery was oversized, magnificent and sculptured.



And, guess who is in the area??    They arrived yesterday at Universal, just in time for the rain but it will a nice respite from the ugliness of the news and coldness of the  snow.   I can't wait to hear about their trip to the Hogwarts Castle today.   

3 comments:

  1. May I plagiarize one of your photos for the Woman's Club contest? It would be sure to win Best of Show.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great shot of the red-eyed green frog ... just begging to be photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed your photos very much. I hope you are feeling better by now. We saw Silver Linings Playbook--thanks for the tip--liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete