Monday, February 25, 2013

Good morning.......

We're getting back to the hum drum of daily life so that must mean it's time to get back on our horses soon and get out of Dodge.      We had a couple of trips planned in the MH but I felt the need to stay put for a bit and enjoy what we have in "The Bubble".    We'll head out in about 2 weeks.  
Meanwhile, Andy and Mason came on the coldest weekend of the year but we burned truck loads of $$$$ and had the pool in the 90's and the hot tub at 98 so they swam and played all day.    They are amazing little fish, bobbing and diving and (hopefully) only came  out to pee !!!    

Meanwhile, I am totally inspired by the colorful memories of Costa Rica and I'm honing my shaky skills once again.     I have several great  Red Eyed Tree Frog shots that I hope to capture.  

This is rendered with colored pencil.    I am not comfortable with watercolor so I revert to either graphite or CP.   I like the fiddly details and CP allows me to work it over and over.   The frog is far from complete but I may try another practice pose and then decide which one to do for  real.    I am  enjoying it but finding that my eyes are giving me fits.  
I just ordered a reading/craft light......I researched before deciding on the BlueMax lights and I'll let you know if they are better than the Ott lights as advertised.    If so, I may replace some of the other lighting in the house.     I suspect that cataracts are creeping into my lovely blues and I need to get that checked out.  

I actually played golf the other day....and didn't do so bad after taking about 2 weeks off.    With the knee and traveling and apathy, my game has suffered.   When I'm out there, I feel determined to do some serious work and get back to enjoying my clubs once again.   But I'm basically lazy.  

AND, for those of you wondering how I'm doing on the change in my diet......well.......    it's a sad story.    I had my labs done before we went to CR.    Both the Dr and I anticipated great numbers and the staff thought I looked so healthy and thinner (note....not thin, but thinner ).    So, we came home, I got the results in the mail and there was NO CHANGE.!!    6 months of not eating meat, fish, chicken, sugar, artificial sweeteners, dairy and NOTHING CHANGED.    I was more than disappointed.   Granted, I did lose weight, I do feel better, I sleep better but I still can't believe that my CHOL is exactly the same.....Now, granted, the numbers aren't so bad but still.........So, that tells me that it's not what I eat, it's who I am......and unless I take statins, (which I won't ), I can't change anything.    So, altho I'm not really eating meat yet or sugar (well, just a bit) and only have had a bit of cheese , I have eased up and I'm a bit more relaxed about the food thing.    And I've gone back to my favorite Starbuck mochas.       That's more info than you wanted this morning so I'm done................

6 comments:

  1. Great to catch up with you again. The sloths are fascinating. Glad you're home and the boys had a good visit. We're well. Lillie is talking and is fascinated with Elmo! Laca enjoying her new job - accounts director at the Lexington Public Library - no more commute to Frankfort and good working environment. Love to both of you. JE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever tell me you're not an artist. Your frog rendering is fabulous! What kind of colored pencils are you using?

    Too bad that your levels are still high after all that depravation. Some bodies just work that way.

    Keep up the art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, that frog drawing is AMAZING! You've really got talent!

    I have been taking statins for about a year now--they tell me mine is hereditary and not much I can do about it with diet. I want to avoid kicking off at an early age (like my parents did), so I take the meds. Better living through chemistry, right?

    I owe you a full-on letter but I've been remiss.... soon, promise. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your frog and your trip sounds like it was wonderful. It would have been fun to go, especially with you and Paul along.
    My cholesterol os creeping up as well but I really dont like the idea of the meds. Roger has taken them for years and does ok. My brother said it took almost a year for his cholesterol to decline so Im not jumping on the statin bandwagon just yet. The doc also doesn't like my blood pressure and that is primarily the reason I started walking in earnest. Winter is so hard to keep that up though since I would rather be outside than in on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm there with you, "girl"! My cholesterol is still high but my HDL and LDL are better!! My Dr. said to focus on those...I was on statins and it caused my RA problems to enhance!! So, I'm off ALL meds right now...just exercise, which I think you do already. We eat more chicken/fish than beef but that's by choice. I still eat my sweets...and my white mocha from Starbucks (I get no fat, no whip! Cuts back some!)...good luck!!! And do stay off the statins if possible.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH...LOVE the frog!!!! You're great!!!

    ReplyDelete